World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the veiwpoint about 4am bit windy but it was the best place bein a NE . bait i was using was lug/rag/squid/peelers. Got me first rod out just useing rag and second rod using just lug ended up wiv a crab on each rod wot a start:uhuh:
I put a couple of peelers out and then wivin 2mins 1st rod went mad and give me a 2lb 10oz bass :clap2:. crabs where a pain got to about 7am then i had a boot lace eel follow by 3 more .
Got to about 9am got a little codling few more crabs then high water. Started to ebb then i got myself a little doggy 48cm long 2 whitin 1 codling got to midday went slow and so i called it a day
It was a good day apart from the crabs

In total

1 bass
3 eels
2 codling
1 doggy
2 whitin
loads of crabs

midi

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
nice one mate its getting time to head up the stour for bass and eels then

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
great stuff midi! looks like the summer species are startin to show then :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
did u loose much tackle mate? where abouts were you fishin? near the car park or the landguard end?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Really good report, nice and detailed:) . That was an interesting mixed bag, and a very nice bass:clap2: . Well done, Midi, good angling:clap3: . Let's hope you keep those bass coming out until the cod come back. Have you set yourself any targets for this summer?

Shortcaster

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Nice one Midi, I will have to try in the riverside soon.

Well done mate.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hogster i found outside levington good last year for the bass we had 28 in 3 hours didnt do much work in the stour

Josh fish out to the right of the veiwpoint carpark and their are no snags their i didnt loss a thing

shortcaster got a 6lb bass last year b nice to beat that

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
oh right mate. you mean the extreme right of the car park then, right near the docks?

·
Registered
29 Posts
can anyone put a map link to this area as been thinking of going to felixstowe since i started fishing back in febuary but havent done so yet, may give it a go this wkend.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Go to google maps and key in Viewpoint Felixstowe.

Good place for bait is Tackle up in Bridge Road 01394 234600

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
may be no snags due to the heavy dredging the port has done over past couple weeks coupled with pond flat seas its all settled down lubbly, must get me but down to the old pier and see what bass are showing!!!!!! ya never know may get oout this week car brakes allowing lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts