· Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sizeable: 1
Undersize: 5
Species: 4 Codling & 2 Whiting
High Tide: 14-40
Best Fish: 3lb 4oz Codling

After I missed the meet at Felixstowe last week, I thought id have a go this time. A few small fish came on the last of the flood, and then about 1/2 hour after high water, one of my rods went flying down! I struck into what would have been my personal best codling...I got my dad who had come to see me along with the family, to reel in the other rods but by this time the fish had gone around the lot including someone elses lost tackle!! This along with the tide pull, and anyone that has ever fished this place on the ebb will know what im talking about, made it impossible to get the fish in! We saw the beast only around 10 yards away!!! Was a nice codling around 5 or 6 pound!! Then i lost it. That totally ****ed me off and I was considering packing up. Family left me to it, so I decided to move down back to the car park a little. About 3 hours after the top of the tide, I got another cracking bite, and managed to land the fish! A nice Codling of 3lb 4oz (weighed). Thats this years biggest for me! So im well chuft! Crabs were a pain at times, no weed, and lost a set of gear. Will be back soon to have another go hopefully, tight lines Josh.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
well done josh shame the bigger one got away, ive heard several reports this week about decent size in the river side, will try get down one day if i can get out of overtiming

· Registered
508 Posts
Well done, Josh:) ! A really entertaining and well written report; I was right with you as you lost that big fish, which was disappointing... but a brilliant result overall when you consider the 3lb 4oz fish:clap2: . It's a pity you couldn't get to last week's meet-up, as I feel sure you would have done really well (even I fluked one!).
It was interesting to note on your lack of tackle losses (and I noticed you were using 150g leads), as last week, from that same area, Alan T., Issy and Urlybird lost a barrowload of end tackle. What do you attribute that to?

Anyway, your reports always have me wanting to get out an have another go, so thanks for the report and best of luck.

Shortcaster

· Registered
4,518 Posts
entertaining report Josh, sorry to here you lost one. keep up the good work!

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice report Josh. Pity about the one that got away! Issy, Alan t, Urlybird and I fished the beach directly in front of the car park last Saturday. Alan and Urly had a couple of decent ones each.

Stu

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers lads :) shortcaster - im not sure y i didnt loose much tackle mate. i did get sort of snagged every cast but just managed to pull them free each time. then when the gear came back, sometimes there was really strong weed on the leads so maybee it was just that and not actuall snags as such?? i did loose the hook on one rig though. i think the car park is quite a snaggy area though, its just luck of you get the rigs back lol. Josh.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was only like a old battered weight that i dumped on the way back mate, but yeah i would defo have given it back if it was worth even saving. if i haul anymore in ill know who to get in touch with! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.