World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of not being a perv etc, are they any woman on here who fish, been to loads of places from Cornwall, Brixham, weymouth all over S.Wales and have never seen a woman fishing, seen a few with husbands/boyfriends etc but only seem to go for a day out and not fish, this cant be a male only sport can be a bit messy and smelly on times but being the modern times and "girl power" and all that that cant put them of!.
Maybe fishing into the dark on your own may seem a bit dangerious but i'm sure us real anglers on here can help overcome this by letting them join us and "looking after" each other, anyway they will cook the fish better than us lol..
Only wondered as this came up in work...look forward to hear your replys and views.

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
awaiting SSB's reply LoL :g:

haven't seen her post for a while.... but ive prob missed dozen's

(not the most observent!)

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
There are a number of female anglers on this site including, Sallu Sludge Bucket, Congaqueen, Littlemissmermaid etc. You just need to keep your eyes open and you will find female anglers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
most weekends me an my wife are out fishing down port talbot short arm and shame to say it ut am getting out fished sob sob

·
Registered
133 Posts
First of not being a perv etc, are they any woman on here who fish, been to loads of places from Cornwall, Brixham, weymouth all over S.Wales and have never seen a woman fishing, seen a few with husbands/boyfriends etc but only seem to go for a day out and not fish, this cant be a male only sport can be a bit messy and smelly on times but being the modern times and "girl power" and all that that cant put them of!.
Maybe fishing into the dark on your own may seem a bit dangerious but i'm sure us real anglers on here can help overcome this by letting them join us and "looking after" each other, anyway they will cook the fish better than us lol..
Only wondered as this came up in work...look forward to hear your replys and views.
Guess a trip to here before you ask again . . . . my woman is about to "%$%"£%££% you :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I'm always out fishing, once i overcame the initial smelly fish guts thing(still not keen on rag worm tho horrible little buggers).
But I love it. If i could I'd be out fishing 24/7. But you have to come to Pembrokeshire (West Wales) to witness it. lol

P.S At the last WSF welsh league match at Freshwater East, there were a couple of mature ladies fishing next to me & kellogs. Not only did they completely outfish everyone on the beach, one of the hubby's brought them there flask & sarnies!!!! Now im sure theres a message to all you guys out there!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Up here in Aberystwyth there are a few of us ladies fishing. Still struggling though to get decent numbers to come to the Welsh Team Shore Trials! Helen

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I fished next to a lady on Swanage Pier last year from this forum ..... username 'dallydog' ... I believe, who certainly knew what she was doing.
I have noticed that the number of young girls fishing on local harbour walls/piers seems to equal or outnumber the boys.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm always out fishing, once i overcame the initial smelly fish guts thing(still not keen on rag worm tho horrible little buggers).
But I love it. If i could I'd be out fishing 24/7. But you have to come to Pembrokeshire (West Wales) to witness it. lol

P.S At the last WSF welsh league match at Freshwater East, there were a couple of mature ladies fishing next to me & kellogs. Not only did they completely outfish everyone on the beach, one of the hubby's brought them there flask & sarnies!!!! Now im sure theres a message to all you guys out there!
Good on you! my sister lives in St Davids so i come down for a spot of summer float fun hope to get down end of may looking for a good Wrasse session.
Keep it up and tight lines:clap3:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
a few others i know of on here...littlemissmermaid,wavedodger,fishmadkatie,plus a few who are couples that use the same username,sonic being one:)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
one of my coaches i had when i was a junior is a woman. she taught me a lot of the skills i use now. she used to fish for england and now coaches the home junior shore team.

there's also another england lady in my area, haven't seen her for a while though. both can hold there own against most of the fellas on the beach. they deffo do exist.

G

·
I fished next to a lady on Swanage Pier last year from this forum ..... username 'dallydog' ... I believe, who certainly knew what she was doing.
I have noticed that the number of young girls fishing on local harbour walls/piers seems to equal or outnumber the boys.
Dallydog (Sue) lives down that way. She came on a couple of lads weeks last year with myself, Raymondo94B and Dingbat to Weymouth and Dartmouth.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
"Dallydog", Sue, managed to catch a brace of 6lb bass within 5 minutes of each other last November, in conditions that were abismal, fom Brighton marina and then went on to collect the acolade for latest caught mackerel from the marina, with one the week before christmas!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took up fishing about 18 months ago now. My husband had no interest in it till I started. There is nothing better than being out there on the rocks on a nice summer day. This picture was taken while I was fishing one of the marks featured in Stores book the Codling Crouch

Ali

·
Registered
316 Posts
But I love it. If i could I'd be out fishing 24/7.

Good on you, I can't handle the worms :yucky: , so if my man wants me to use them he got to put them on my hook,

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
one of my coaches i had when i was a junior is a woman. she taught me a lot of the skills i use now. she used to fish for england and now coaches the home junior shore team.

Sounds like Joyce to me! She is also the Manager of the Junior team for the Home Internationals at Youghal, Co Cork.

Wish them good luck, along with the Youth team, these are the future of Sea Angling.

philtherod

1 - 20 of 33 Posts