World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased the new Fenix HM65R because my old HP15 was playing up. After a bit of investigation it turns out I've got a bad connection in the battery case which I cant get to as it's sealed some how. Anyway rang Fenix spare parts but they haven't got anything in stock and said it has to be sent back to china for repair which can take up to 10 weeks due to Chinese new year etc. Seems a waste to throw it away due to a battery issue and don't really want it going to china in case it goes missing. Anyone know of another battery case that is water tight that maybe I could use or maybe someone got a broken one. I know it's a long shot but you never know. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Sod waiting 10 weeks, Tell them you want a different lamp, Even if it is more expensive they should at least send you something. In all fairness I've got 5 Fenix lamps and never had a problem so they are usually reliable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sod waiting 10 weeks, Tell them you want a different lamp, Even if it is more expensive they should at least send you something. In all fairness I've got 5 Fenix lamps and never had a problem so they are usually reliable.
It's well out of guarantee though mate so not really there responsibility to sort it free of charge or supply another light. I just can't believe it's got to be sent to china to have a bad connection sorted, you'd think they could sort it in the UK.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which lamp have you got the fault with
Sorry I didn't explain that very well. The fault is with my older HP15 model, I've had it about 7 years. As I said the lamp works fine if you put pressure on the wire going into the battery pack and I've also tested it with a multi meter. It's either a broken wire or bad solder joint onto the battery circuit board. It would make a good stand by light or my son could use it when he comes with me in the summer so seems a shame to bin it.

·
Joined 2009
16,798 Posts
Had the same with my fenix hp30.
Back to China…. Couldn’t believe it ridiculous.
So I sent it to fenix and it was back a week later for some reason all working that was years ago and it’s still working now.
I paid about 50 quid for the light too.
Similar models now 200quid !!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the same with my fenix hp30.
Back to China…. Couldn’t believe it ridiculous.
So I sent it to fenix and it was back a week later for some reason all working that was years ago and it’s still working now.
I paid about 50 quid for the light too.
Similar models now 200quid !!!
I know, I couldn't believe it when he said it's got to go to China for repair. You'd think they would have an outlet that did repairs in the UK, crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts