World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm just looking at spare batteries for my fenix headlamp and I've seen some cheeper 18650 batteries but there 3.7volt as apposed to the fenix 3.6volt has anyone used the 3.7volt ones with there headlamp do they work OK and charge OK?????????
Many thanks In advance

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Personally I would be very wary of cheap 18650 batteries...Most are cheap Chinese junk often "remanufactured" from scrap lap top batteries...If you search on google, you will find a number of instances where these batteries caught fire while charging...

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Hi I'm just looking at spare batteries for my fenix headlamp and I've seen some cheeper 18650 batteries but there 3.7volt as apposed to the fenix 3.6volt has anyone used the 3.7volt ones with there headlamp do they work OK and charge OK?????????
Many thanks In advance
There all the same thing as 18650 is a battery standard in same way as AA U2 there is a degree of variation in quotes but as long as not 4.0 volt +etc not an issue.
Have a look around for Sanyo/Hitachi units think it's Battery boy on flea bay that sells them many recommend seller on here.

When charging any Li Po battery regulary check for heat esp if getting hot in one area that's a bin job if find that as likely to burst if kept charging.

Should never leave them unattended when charging once charged remove/unplug.
Want some eye opening things check on net li po battery issues!

Trouble with many Chinese wonky woo ones is that taken from old laptop units then split many have no charging protection sensor so just keep charging till either unplug or they blow up!

Even phones have to watch as friends iphone burnt out while back they'd plugged in while in kitchen luckily still downstairs! wondered what happened went into kitchen phones was smoking hot burnt out inside so lucky caught before was worse esp if had gone to bed

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Why have a great head lamp and use crap battery's, personally I would use the fenix or nitecore battery's.
Jack do you know if that battery would fit the fenix 25r

1 - 7 of 7 Posts