World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boy's and girls this has been kept quiet for long enough I think, we were going to keep a lid on it but balls to that, now's the time to see how many people can descend on one beach!

It all started saturday, as my cricket match was rained off and not in the mood to stay down the pub all night me and Saltfish decided to fish down at Ferring to see if there was a Hound or two about.

We arrived at just after 7 to see nobody else on the beach other than a weirdo with a camera but after alot of fannying about we didn't start fishing untill about 7:45. After what seemed quite a while we were pretty much simultaneously into fish, James slid a hound of about 8lb if I remember rightly up the beach, mine was better at 13lb 4oz I think. Action wasn't fast and furious but steady and we both had a few more fish on the beach, James bagged the best of the night at 15lb odd. Having caught a few we decided to call time on the session at about 10:45 to conserve crab for another bash the next evening.

Not wanting to have all the hounds for ourselves, we decided to tell a few people about it the next day. We started earlier this time, arriving a couple of hours after low. I had a 15lb 12oz hound first or second chuck and we all had a couple of fish each on the beach in not too much time at all. We were then joined by Hanleyfender and Masterbaiter and it all went quiet for a while, as the tide rose and the light faided, sport picked up with a couple of 16lbers landed, one to Kev (Masterbaiter) which was a new PB I believe.

Monday night saw a few new faces on the beach, a few of which had been passing the night before and stopped to see what was going on. This night's fishing was stupid, the hounds were on the bait so quick you hardly had time to peel a crab! I managed to catch 39lb of hounds on a single shore peeler, pretty much identical fish around the 13lb mark in 3 consecutive chucks in about 15 mins!
I think the majority of people had around 20 fish each, 4 fish over 17lb were landed, one by me, Schuey, the lad the other side of him and one by one of the South East forum members.

Tonight it was obvious that word had got out, don't think there was any room along Pattersons Walk and numerous other groups of anglers dotted around Goring/Ferring. Plenty of hounds were caught, I probably had about 20 up to 14lb odd, James had 16 to 16lb 9oz.

An incredible few nights fishing.

I've only got a couple of photo's but you should all know what hounds look like by now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It's been a mental few nights :D My arms ache, most of my crab has been used and there's a huge smile on my face. No monsters beached for me, one very good one threw the hook in the surf and I shifted this years PB a bit nearer 15lb :D The quantity of good fish particularly on mnday night was unreal, double after double as fast as you could get your hook in the water, often not even enough time to get a new rig baited and ready.

Well happy. Big thanks to Chris and James for letting me in on the action at an early stage ;)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Good report, Bally. Given how many were on the beach tonight its safe to say word is out. Good stamp of fish too, though I finished last night with a 3lber which i thought was a bass until it came in. With Selsey fishing well too, the annual epidemic of hound fever will soon reach its max.

I don't know how you can manage four nights in a row - I got knackered last night and we packed up at high tide! Mind you, a double on a TT Ultra-Lite with a blue elite does scrap a bit...

Mulleting for me this morning...

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Good report, Bally. Given how many were on the beach tonight its safe to say word is out. Good stamp of fish too, though I finished last night with a 3lber which i thought was a bass until it came in. With Selsey fishing well too, the annual epidemic of hound fever will soon reach its max.

I don't know how you can manage four nights in a row - I got knackered last night and we packed up at high tide! Mind you, a double on a TT Ultra-Lite with a blue elite does scrap a bit...

Mulleting for me this morning...
Will you be fishing in your underwear on this occasion to ? :laugh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
was a hound virgin myself. until last night, had a 9.6lb first chuck, well chuffed, then my first double 10.6lb , and then a nice starry 14.2lb aver the moon and far away, also had a couple about 8lb. a night i will never forget. koiman has pics on his phone. he is one of those working types , so will get pics tonight. he also did well with 6 hounds, biggeest 13.10lb. a tiddler by his standards!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I managed 6 in 2 hours last night, and like Bally, 3 of these were on the same half a crab! No monsters biggest around 9lb. Awesome sport!

·
Registered
574 Posts
10 hounds for myself in a nice short two hour session.....thats enough for me.....wa begining to think we was going to miss the run down our way but hey ho.....we got a few in the end!! well done to all who caught.....my advice to all who fish there tonight.....get your bait in the water early....we started catching when the water was 20 yrds off the shingle....great fun catching hounds in very little water! most of our fish were in the 9-11lb bracket with one or two bigger.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Nice report Chris and nice one to all that went hound catching and got rewarded.
Ive still not been anywhere to target them,i must be a bit slow off the mark.
Having not caught one before i have to admit the thought of actually beaching one freaks me out a bit,im no pansy but just a bit unsure how id de-hook,handle and return etc.
Someone come with me and hod my hand,hahaha.
Fair play to all who catches them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Great fishing all, well done!

Just for future reference though lads, i often clean up my Private messages so have room for some more if you ever want to throw some my way ;)

Just kiddin. lol.

He who dares wins n all that!

Ian. :cry:

G

·

Just for future reference though lads, i often clean up my Private messages so have room for some more if you ever want to throw some my way ;)

Just kiddin. lol.

you would'nt be able to make it anyway!!!you work nights.....:laugh::laugh:unless you throw a sicky...:spiteful::spiteful:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Just kiddin. lol.

get down there mate i had about 18 last night and reckon 14 of them were doubles . FRANK

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
nice one bally , i was the last one on the beach last night you came over to me i was in the wsf t shirt secret out now lol:doh:.
ive put a post up in the east coast forum have a read you will laugh

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's been sod all in the groynes roger, been told there's loads of spiders sitting just off though.

G

·
now the hound. s are here the crab have gone on holiday
hi roger,
you must have some of your fine crab in the freezer???
plenty in your traps the other day!!:love:i had 120 of the buggers!!!
:wheelchai:wheelchaionly joking!,not done them since the last time..

1 - 20 of 143 Posts