World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We arrived at the same place as his previous nights 10 haul catch.
Set up 3 rods for me,Alex and Ray al with hardbacks and Tronix big dook hooks. Not much activity until near high tide around 12am then i had a take. It was on for about 10 seconds and then nothing. So my new Sonik Sk4 16ft was not christened. Alex had a bite but not a big one just one that munched his crab and left. Then i managed to christened my rod with a pup of 7lb 12oz not a monster but a fish. To our right a couple of people Robin new were fishing and one from Anglers mail managed to get a decent hound of around 15lb as guessed by Robin and Mark but the guy did not bother weighing it. To our left was Peter Puff, nice to chat to you again but not sure if he caught one in the end? many thanks to Robin and Mark for their knowledge. Packed up about 2am so as per ususal with our hound fishing over the last few years we continue to be a tide to early or late.... theres always next time?????

Attachments

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Well done, at least you had a few at Ferring :thumbs: Kelp King and me made a late decision to go Hounding, was going to Ferring thinking EP would be packed but had a quick look at EP en-route to find it almost empty so fished there instead.

10.45pm-1.45am not a single touch and weed every cast!!

Pretty much the same 3 day pattern as a month a go with just one or 2 left on the 4th night.

·
Registered
885 Posts
We arrived at the same place as his previous nights 10 haul catch.
Set up 3 rods for me,Alex and Ray al with hardbacks and Tronix big dook hooks. Not much activity until near high tide around 12am then i had a take. It was on for about 10 seconds and then nothing. So my new Sonik Sk4 16ft was not christened. Alex had a bite but not a big one just one that munched his crab and left. Then i managed to christened my rod with a pup of 7lb 12oz not a monster but a fish. To our right a couple of people Robin new were fishing and one from Anglers mail managed to get a decent hound of around 15lb as guessed by Robin and Mark but the guy did not bother weighing it. To our left was Peter Puff, nice to chat to you again but not sure if he caught one in the end? many thanks to Robin and Mark for their knowledge. Packed up about 2am so as per ususal with our hound fishing over the last few years we continue to be a tide to early or late.... theres always next time?????
It was good to meet you boys. I wasn't fishing as I was expecting to be helping Rob out unhooking hounds! However, as quick as they come, hounds can move on. What a shame that monster to your right didn't pick up one of your baits. I'm sure you learned a lot last night though. Coping with the weed is as much a part of hound angling as rigs and bait, so you'll be ready for them next time. Keep the faith, as you will bump into a pack before long. Keep in touch with Rob, and hopefully I'll join you again.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Unlucky guys, I was hoping for a few more fish in today's report from you.

Kind Regards
Richard

·
Registered
885 Posts
Watching Fishyrob baiting up his clients hooks this week was intertesting. Rejecting soft peeler (literally throwing them in the sea) for a hardback is something you don't see every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts