World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm sitting on ferring beach right now and no one has caught a thing. Me thinks i'm one tide too late!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats strange is at about seven thirty i was at the waters edge n i could very clearly see them swimming about... A couple of nice bass, maybe mullet jumped too. What times high tonight?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not great there last night, me and Jems called it a day at 12.15 keep getting weeded out and lost quite a bit of terminal tackle. We were at the groin just to the left of the pipe. Essex D, two groins along had a few, but we were fishless.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Also fished there last night but we had 4 between 3 of us to 14lb 3oz. PB's to me, my brother and dad. All fish came at distance, as the weed buried our line close in and we had to pull for a break.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also fished there last night but we had 4 between 3 of us to 14lb 3oz. PB's to me, my brother and dad. All fish came at distance, as the weed buried our line close in and we had to pull for a break.
Congrat's on your PB, I think mine and Jakes pb's could have been broken if that band of weed in the surf wasn't around. The forced change of took choice I made didn't help, because I couldn't get the ones i normally use.

But hay ho it was good arriving early watching the tide come in and chatting with you guys.
Dave and Jake.

·
Registered
842 Posts
after reading all these reports i decided to head down there last night.....got the about 8 stayed till about 3....about half hour before top of the tide caught a hound just over 8lb.....next cast got another bite but dont think it was as big....lost it...must have been badly hooked....well worth the 1 1/2 hrs drive for myy first shore caught smoothie...just a shame it wasnt like the previos nights

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the PB.

I packed up at just after 12, fishless, I'm glad to know what I wasn't the only one having serious difficulties with the weed, every cast in under 2 mins had 5-10lbs of weed on. I just got fed up in the end... What was really annoying is the guys fishing on the beaches either side of me both were catching fairly regular by the time we called it a night.

On the upside though, I think Ferring is a very under rated Bass/Mullet venue... I will have to go down there with my light gear and see what they're....

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Congrats on the PB.

I packed up at just after 12, fishless, I'm glad to know what I wasn't the only one having serious difficulties with the weed, every cast in under 2 mins had 5-10lbs of weed on. I just got fed up in the end... What was really annoying is the guys fishing on the beaches either side of me both were catching fairly regular by the time we called it a night.

On the upside though, I think Ferring is a very under rated Bass/Mullet venue... I will have to go down there with my light gear and see what they're....
If you start fishing while the water is still 10 yards off the end of the groynes you'll still catch and should have about 2 hours before the weed gets irritating, though seems that some groynes are worse than others...

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you start fishing while the water is still 10 yards off the end of the groynes you'll still catch and should have about 2 hours before the weed gets irritating, though seems that some groynes are worse than others...
We fished the groin right near the pipe. The groin next to us was elevated and P Puff and Essex D were fishing there were getting weed but not the lumps we were getting. we called it a day at 12.15 as were getting through too many rigs and leaders. We fished just as the water approached the groin at about 9.45. set up by 8 though and just waited.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Congrats on the PB.

..f/m,.. ferring/goring are indeed magnificent venues for bass,cod and huge smoothies, if u know how and when to fish for them.!!. ie tactics bait/tackle... its all part of the fun of angling ,.try the long pipe off sea lane, 400 plus yds off the beach in calm spring tide conditions.. big bass can be caught on both sides mainly on the left in the lagoon of water about 3-4 ft deep.!! this is all bang low tide fishing ok ??. lug,crab,mackie,spinner and fly all work in the right conditions.. foxy52..

G

·
..f/m,.. ferring/goring are indeed magnificent venues for bass,cod and huge smoothies, if u know how and when to fish for them.!!. ie tactics bait/tackle... its all part of the fun of angling ,.try the long pipe off sea lane, 400 plus yds off the beach in calm spring tide conditions.. big bass can be caught on both sides mainly on the left in the lagoon of water about 3-4 ft deep.!! this is all bang low tide fishing ok ??. lug,crab,mackie,spinner and fly all work in the right conditions.. foxy52..
hello foxy,
you old stranger you!!!!,ware you bin mate,if know one else
missed you i have.....:love::love:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts