World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of driving down to ferrybridge tomorrow afternoon to fish 4pm-11pm would like some advice as to if it will be fishable. Wind sse 3-4, hw 1940.
have seen in a different thread that it will fish but poss lots of weed and carrier bags. Advice would be greatly recieved.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Just been down with the dogs for a bit of beachcombing - onshore Force 5 wind with gusts up to Force 6... Not ideal fishing conditions :) The wind should die down by nightfall to about a SW Force 2 but there'll still be some hefty swells to cope with.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Anyone thinking of fishing that beach today needs to concider how the rescue services will feel if and when they do not find your body. I cannot think of anything more soft as to fish chesil for at least a few days after the winds have died right off.

you will not get any distance and your lines will be buried under the shingle every time resulting in you losing your leader and end gear every single cast.
people wiill be tempted to get closer to the surf to add more distance and bingo, you've had it.
If the Chesil league had a comp there today it would be cancelled and that is run by Locals.
Bare in mind if this is a club thing, the club is responsible regardless off any disclaimer signed.
It really aint worth it

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ian and Martyn thanks for your thoughts and advice on this. I have decided that as the locals think its unfishable then we take your advice and move elsewhere. I have moved our meet to another location lets hope it pays off.

Thanks again gents, I will speak soon

Regards
Ivor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts