World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived about 6am and was fishing by about 6.45am. Had a 7lber first cast and then a 4lber second cast. Loads of fish for the first 3-4 hours. Lost count of how many dogfish and a few bream with a couple over a 1lb. Also had a Garfish on the drop. Had one dogfish between 12pm and packing up at just after 4pm. Sunshine and settled weather killed it a bit....

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Single hook clipped down with a single black lug mate. Wind behind me so probably 140-150 yards. The blacks I had yesterday were quite small as well. I catch more fish scaling down to a single 3/0 hook and small lug bait then a massive bait that I can't cast as far. That's not a hard a fast rule but seems to be working for me at chesil so far this year... Hope that helps

·
Registered
362 Posts
Single hook clipped down with a single black lug mate. Wind behind me so probably 140-150 yards. The blacks I had yesterday were quite small as well. I catch more fish scaling down to a single 3/0 hook and small lug bait then a massive bait that I can't cast as far. That's not a hard a fast rule but seems to be working for me at chesil so far this year... Hope that helps
thanks mate, good advice there

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yup! might go Sunday for my last crack! weather depending and depending on Saturday night. Unsure about the Cod Open, i heard someone cheated a year or two ago from Wales, not sure if it's true but a long way to go to be mugged off lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
Might seem an obvious question, but where is Ferrybridge?

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Portland end mate, google chesil beach visitor centre and thats the car park :)

Cracking catch bud, i dont hold much hope for the week though with the predicted winds.....

sent from my new GT I9100 As some little scumbag robbed my last one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts