World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Saltist
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads/ladettes, just after a bit of help ideally. Looking at making the drive down to Chesil and decided Ferrybridge would be our port of call. Just wondering about places to park and if the cars would be safe there overnight any help would be ideal! Cheers, Zac.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As you start to come out of Weymouth and head towards Portland you go over a small roundabout and on the right is a pub called the Ferry Bridge.
The landlord will charge £10 i believe for you to park out the back car park.
I have seen many other people park there and also sleep in their camper vans etc whilst on their travels,so they would be your eyes & ears.

Take a look at this for address & tel number etc.

http://www.parsonswebspace.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Ferrybridgeparking.htm

If you do not park at the pub then there is a car park another 500 yards past the pub on the same side.I would assume overnight parking is allowed but not 100% sure.
Regarding lights at night in the car park somebody who lives that way may be able to tell you.
Hope this helps.

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
the ferrybridge carpark will cost 6.50 for 24hrs and is safe mate as there is anglers coming and going all the time. chesil is a bit hit and miss at the mo with the bream a bit scattered. good luck if you do go, chance of early cod and dont forget the live pout in the gutter :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.