World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of fishing ferryside this weekend,any advice on how its fishing and what part of tide fishes best

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Buzz

Park in the Boathouse car park across the railway line. Easy to find in the centre of the village. Look to your left at low water and you will see a pole 500 mtrs or so from the car park placed close to the river channel.

Fish from here from low water up, continually moving back. Should be ok as tide is small. On bigger tides one needs to be alert to the incoming tide.

Apart from this mark at low tide > up, the river can be fished directly in front of the boathouse from half to full tide on small tides. The river bank is steep here and a easy mark for the less mobile. Good night mark.

Seine netters work the river at low...ish water for Sea Trout (Sewin); but you should be down channel of them. Better at night however, as all marks tend to be.

Baits, crab, all worms and sand eel seem do well. Personally I use a 4/0 clipped up running ledger.

Species, Bass and Flatfish mainly. Weed has been an issue, at least it was when I was there two weeks ago. However, with the heavy rain we have had it has possibly been washed out.

Incidentally, when I spoke to the netters during my last visit they were hopeful of considerable amounts of rain to attract the Sewin up river. You may have chosen the optimum time.

Hope the above helps.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts