World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...if looking to sell a boat...and looking to spruce it up a bit...what things should be done...
i have deck paint and cleaning materials now...could or should i paint nemos slightly worn outside blue paint...

i have a few rod holders to add..do i leave things like the cargo net i use it to put my fenders out the way when at sea..or is it just a naff idea others might not see useful...also..i presume taking off unwanted items eg my blue bucket and my kettle...

any tips for spring cleaning..?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would suggest that the 3 most important things in selling a boat are

1. It should be polished and gleaming - not sure about painting, if you can get a really good finish why not, but if in doubt then some serious elbow grease to bring her up as best as possible.

2. de-clutter the boat of all your junk (I mean gear :)) incl fishing tackle and make sure lockers are clean inside. I would suggest that if you're including items in the sale, that these remain on the boat, but you'll be amazed at how much more room there seems to be when all the bits you've accumulated are removed.

3. put together any documents you have relating to the boat but especially the engine and maintenace history.

am sure others will have more views, but would suggest that covers the basics

wotcha getting next??

G

·
Andy,
I would forget the idea of painting it, unless you may be selling to someone you know, the main thing that put me off when buying a new boat was a shiny new paint job, it just made me wonder what the owner was trying to hide ! i would rather see it looking slightly old, used and original so you can see no horrible suprises are lurking !!

The general tidy up and a good polish is the way to go as already advised.

De cluter the boat for viewing, we all have clutter on board but prospective owners dont want to see it !!!

Regards, Rob.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Don't forget the outboard - give it a good clean and polish and regrease all the points - make it look as though it's well cared for - a careful buyer will be paying a lot of attention to the engine. Dig out any receipts it you've had it professionally serviced.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you are going to use grease , make sure its white marie grease and not brown car grease, seeing an outboard covered in car grease always makes me sus as to how the engines been serviced and looked after and puts me off every time.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi thanks for the replies..i have had a good look and tidy up of nemo today...i have a few ideas that im going to put into action asap..and hopefully these will get me to where i want to be...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.