World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,
Looks like I may get a chance to get out on wednesday, if all goes to plan I will be up there about 14.30. I would like to have a spell off the beach as I have always fished from a structure of some kind or else shortish casts from rock marks.
Can any of you lads tell me if the beach at Seaton Sluice is worth a go or else suggest a spot suitable for a novice at beach fishing, taking into account the tide on wednesday at about that time. Not really bothered if the mark is not fishing well at the moment, just want somewhere to practice with the off chance of a flattie or two without wasting loads of time re-tying leaders etc .
Any advice appreciated.

cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked on map, too far for wednesday Paul, If I do get out I will need to be back for 6.00 so would waste too much time travelling. If it all goes to pot might try up there at weekend. What's it like for parking up there, long trek to beach??
Seaton Sluice no good then?
Pete.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Medlar,
Is that the name of a specific mark, Just looked on map and Druridge bay looks quite a size ( might be a good thing with my casting!! )
cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
201 Posts
if all else fails it could be worth a go at the entrance to the wansbeck,will always get a few flatties (and possibly more !!! ) along there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that Baldy Pete,
long beach at tynemouth would be very convenient but never seen anyone fishing it and didn't want to look a tw*t if all but me knew I was wasting my time with it.
Got my map out but cant find wansbeck ! Where is it ?

cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
201 Posts
not a problem mate , fish on the south side,or if you want to fish on the north side you will have to park in sandy bay caravan park !. then walk through the caravan park onto the beach.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aye, read your report hibbdogg, good format that was ! Thanks for the "heads up mate". I will post if I do get out and about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts