World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas on good fishing marks around the Fife Ness area ?

i was thinking off using the last off my fresh lug along with some frozen baits and thought off this location.
any decent rock marks around there ? i was thinking off getting too a mark before dark and fishing into night.

ive never been so dunno what too expect.

any help or info on marks would be great
cheers.

pm me if prefered.

·
Freeloader
6,662 Posts
it all pretty much rocky slippy too

last time i went was low tide so i could walk out onto rocks you'll see a lookout station walk round the small pathway {mind the golfers} i would imagine theres plenty of places to fish in full tide

would imagine u'd catch plenty of coalies and probably odd cod better in summer for wrasses tho

if you blank there a drive range on your way out u could always try distance casting to finish your evening off .....lol

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for quick reply. ;)

i dont wanna get pestered with coalfish so may decide on another mark.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aye anywhere really,
and specific marks around there ? or just go and fish anywhere ?
ive no idea on that location either.

but was thinking off trying somewhere tommorrow night ,

cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah i think these places are mostly summer marks, but there may be fish to be had. Its generally quiet everywhere now though. But the area is cracking in the summer.

Andy you have a PM.

·
Freeloader
6,662 Posts
ok st andrew pier ive had cod off there in march fish thru the night think i was just using a sliding ledger

tho BEWARE of the studants well some of them anyway

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for all the info and pm's.

ps
welcome too the forum fishy smiff, and thanx for your help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
As the others have said F1F3R most of my fish have come in the summer. Like Boarhills a lot and the point end at Fife Ness has fished well for me. At Crail I've done best in front of the caravan park. Can't say about the winter fishing but it's nice and shallow at Crail so don't see why not.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Two 8lbers taken from fife ness over decemeber its a dense kelp jungle that will hold fish all year round bet with quality crab you could catch well into april. Summer you cant get away from the wrasse although in saying that ive had cod to 8lb in the summer from their.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'd wonder why anyone would want to avoid big wrasse and go for cod.personally I prefer the fight from a goof wrasse than a codling any day.I think sometimes the bigger the cod get,the more dead weight they appear to become.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im gonna give it a wee bash tommorrow afternoon and fish into darkness.

i will be fishing with Diamond dave from around 2 pm .

hopefully we will get a fish or 10 lol..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nope disagree a 8lber summer cod will go absolutely mental when its hooked. In the winter some fish just seem to hit the surface but in the summer its the complete opposite you always think youve hooked a bigger fish. I tend to avoid wrasse because they dont count in competitions, which am sure you will agree is a good thing. Could quite easily catch 20 wrasse or more in a day and every one would go to waste.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I think we've probably stumbled on an entirely new thread Chris,whether wrasse or cod give a better account of themselves.I'm not sure what you mean though by wrasse being "wasted" surely you wouldn't knock a wrasse on the head? In my own experience I'd say wrasse are far more likely to be mouth hooked than codling and therefore more easily returned,and just as a by the by,virtually nobody I know takes red codling to eat because of the worms,yet lots of them seem to be weighed in at summer comps,isn't this more of a waste?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Red cod have browny spots inside the fillets if you look closely.If you pick these out,they turn out to be wiry wee worms which can be up to 3 inches long.Sometimes a single fish will have over a dozen of these worms and most folk are put off eating them when they notice this.You can steep your fillets overnight in a bowl of salted water and they come out by themselves but maybe not the best thing to see for some folk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts