World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
headed for a little wrasse session this morning with the missus and what a cracking session it turned out to be! between us we took 16 fish. i took the fly rod along to try and get one on it although i cheated using a hook with a lugworm on! took half an hour to get one on the fly rod after stricking to early, very hard to know when to strike kept just pulling the hook out there mouths trying to hook and keep them off the bottom, but eventually connected with one! what a scrap on the fly rod had the rod about doubled over trying to stop him getting in the kelp! anyway by this time the better half is beating me 4-1 so back to the float rod manage to catch her then over take her just before finishing up! tally for day dennise 6 wrasse and a ssss and 9 wrasse for me fantastic morning out! will try to add pics later as having probs getting them off the phone. bait used was lug fresh and frozen and peeler all baits caught fish.

Steve

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
fine session tamo and god to see your good lady out with the rod (she is gonna bet you)
that was to long to wait to get 1 on the fly rod, ever man to his own thats what you wanted thats what you got "well done mate"

(next sat pm to send)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the replys guys will try and post the pics tonight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts