World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up at Fifeness point last night for 7.30pm, knowing there was another 1 1/2hrs left until high tide so set up our position carefully on the rocks.
More or less the first chuck landed a a nice wrasse for rincewind..

Nice fishy ,, rincewind was continuing to find bites but also decided to chuck out a float ( cheeky ) and hauled in a tiny coalie.lol...
Next it was my turn with a series of rattles so in it comes with a fish of a lifetime...

Lol... ok but its another species, and i do like a shore rockling to watch in the rockpools..
So another couple of bites in the darkness and then another slug for me..

Fished on for a while but had lightning to our right and a firework display to our left, and that damn lighthouse is annoying with its light hitting you every 5 seconds giving me a headache ( moan moan moan ) anyway packed up in the nick of time ( around 11.30pm ish ) as we drove through some torrential rain that no doubt was heading our way..
No big fish tonight or even a codling but it was good to get back up here again and fish a different state of tide.
Bait was: lug/rag (fresh ) clams,razor,mackie,scallop, ....

·
Registered
164 Posts
not to a bad sesh then were is fifeness if u dont mind me asking

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on the new species :thumbs:
and too rincewind on the wrasse and monster coalie :D

just as well you guys missed that downpour.. thats was some serious rainfall last night. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
nice wee sesh there lads
glad you got away from the rain in time , spent around 4 hrs yesterday in that rain heavy with the wind to go with it.

like the wrasse might try to get across this week

·
Registered
525 Posts
Always good to get a new species for the list Findus, and lucky too avoid the rain. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys - it was a good night but for the lack of fish.

Baloo: If you imagine fife being a scotty dogs head, then fifeness is right on the tip of the nose...

·
Registered
467 Posts
well done on the rockling mate glad you missed out on that rain! it was something else. thinking about getting the rods out in the loch that seems to have developed in the field outside the house over night

·
Registered
166 Posts
well done on the new species :thumbs:
and too rincewind on the wrasse and monster coalie :D

just as well you guys missed that downpour.. thats was some serious rainfall last night. :crazy:
Aye, after I dropped findus off it was 30mph all the way to South Queensferry with storm wipers on, even on the motorway - worst rain I've ever driven in but at least we got it dry for the fishing.

Don't fancy that mark with any kind of serious easterly wind though.:nono:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts