World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i will be camping near Filey at the backend of next week, and was hoping to get a couple of short fishing trips in. Could anyone tell me of a decent tackle shop where i can pick up some bait please. Also as im a course fisherman who is still trying to learn sea fishing if anyone would give me any advice on bait, rigs and areas to fish this would be much appreciated.

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Derm, but i will be on my own and am to inexperenced to fish off there by the look off things. Any tips on where i might catch a few mackeral(do you use feathers?).

If anyone else could point me in the direction of a few fish it would be much appreciated.

As a new starter would i be best fishing from a pier or wall like the one at Bridlington?

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
76 Posts
You could try the piers at Scarbrough or Bridlington,they were catching Mackeral last weekend, off both venues.
You will be able to get everything that you will need from Billy Costains in Scarbro, and the cabin, on the pier enterance at Brid,
Good Luck,
Joe M.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tend to fish off the back of the brigg at low tide and use the silver foil mackerel feathers. I climb down the ladder pictured in the link above although you can walk around the brigg. It can be a dangerous spot, I only fish at low tide when the sea is flat calm.

I've never had a huge amount of luck off Brid for Mackerel but have had lots of flatties, billet and the odd schoolie bass. Tend to use a flapper rig size 2 hooks and lug tipped with a little slither of squid. There is a small kiosk on the harbour (Turnstone Baits) sells bait or North Bay Angling in brid is good too.

I've also got these bookmarked, its old but may be of some use http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/Page_4.html and check out http://www.photorecce.co.uk/

Good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts