World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went along to Longannet Power Station this afternoon, fished 2 hours before low and 1 hour after, managed to catch 3 Bass spinning with rubber sandeels, 2 were about 1 1/2lb the smallest was about the 1lb mark.

lost quite a bit of gear at low water due to the snags :( but it was worth it to get me 1st Bass :D :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks poach :D happy as a pig in you know what

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
On my list of fish I want to catch. Send some up to Aberdeen way please Big D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smith23481 said:
well done. Did you fish of the wall or out on the rocks to the left hand side?
Hi m8

I was fishing the rocks to the left, was doing ok until low water then I started snagging up :( still it was worth it in the end.

Will have to buy more eels on e-bay now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Well done mate theres nothing like catching a new species of fish and like you i will be off to buy more rubber ells :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
well done dunny,hopefully you will get more and bigger bass!!
pity about the snags tho.can be quite difficult fishing there.
unfortunately i am in the middle of 10 shifts in a row so i wont be fishing until next weekend,
hopefully see you fishing again soon

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice job BD!

I was there on Friday morning (07.30) Just after low water. Started fishing with a small spinner off the wall (very dodgy for those who have been there –*the seaweed is like ice when wet). Anyway fished from the outflow mouth round toward the rocks. Caught six in roughly two hours. Put five back but one was around the three pound mark. Baked that in the oven with some thyme out the garden. Was lovely, better than any restaurant!!!
Was a great start to the weekend.

PS Has anyone looked at the Bass website? There are a lot of powerstations that are out of bounds for bass fishing but Longannet isn't on the list. Is this because it's in Scotland? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
fished there last night with a friend no fish no bites .we were spinning and using bait . :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts