World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Finally pulled my finger out... GoPro fishing take 2!!

2K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  Clansman 
#1 ·
Evening guys,

Well its been a while since i last managed a post, the weathers been poor up here so not really been off fishing... but i have finally managed to edit and upload the Gopro footage i took last year... ended up taking ages due to college work, broken laptops, new laptops and the internet going down for weeks!

Tried out a new mount in deeper water over mixed ground that worked ok... although it did almost cost me a Gopro as you'll see in the video! ha ha

Managed some different species as well on the mixed ground and sand..

I did have "the Boss" by james brown on the original edit (Good song!) but due to youtube copyright rubbish i had to edit that out so the video would play on phones, hence the random generic homemade video music!!

Any feedback would be great... good or bad!

Hope you enjoy,

Lewis.

[video=youtube;Qhqe0ChrZ8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhqe0ChrZ8M[/video]

See less See more
#3 ·
Another great video. It's amazing how clear the water is at 167 feet. The gurnard chasing the "teaser" instead of the bait is also interesting. I imagine you had some anal palpitations when it got snagged:unsure:

#7 ·
Surprisingly good water clarity, at depth mine turns green did you you adjust the colour in the editing. Youtube have some quite good soundtracks for free, if you have a video say 8.45mins and want a rock or other type of track you can search tracks to fit your video. They even have video tutorials showing you how to do it (though its pretty easy).
Great video and lucky you got it out of that snag.
JonD

#9 ·
Fantastic footage, even better than the last video. That shot of the shoaling gurnards is absolutely fantastic, very interesting to see how they feed and interact together.

Thanks for posting, cant wait for the next one

Joe

#13 ·
Thanks for the comments guys,

Got quite a shock seeing the gurnard shoals the first time i watched it, also fun seeing them "walk" along the seabed!

Very cool. Interesting how many fish on what looks like featureless ground (2nd half).
In the summer months that whole voe (which is mostly just featureless open sandy bottom) is stacked with gurnard, dabs and the odd plaice, i always had the imagine in my head of it having sand banks etc.... just goes to show!!

Surprisingly good water clarity, at depth mine turns green did you you adjust the colour in the editing. Youtube have some quite good soundtracks for free, if you have a video say 8.45mins and want a rock or other type of track you can search tracks to fit your video. They even have video tutorials showing you how to do it (though its pretty easy).
Great video and lucky you got it out of that snag.
JonD
Yeah i did adjust the colours as best as i could using iMovie, its amazing the amount of extra light thats reflected when filming over sand compared to darker seabeds.. at 120ft on a rocky bottom its hard to make fish out but down to 167ft with sand its pretty easy.

Have a look at the youtube music feature, thanks.

Lewis.

#15 ·
Another masterpiece Lewis,amazing stuff,i was very surprised with the amount of fish on the sandy featureless ground.Thank you very much for sharing.
Regards
Tony

#17 ·
Brilliant stuff well done, I noticed the gurnard going after the lure and not the fish bait, that was interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.