World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Finally pulled my finger out... GoPro fishing take 2!!

2K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  Clansman 
#1 ·
Evening guys,

Well its been a while since i last managed a post, the weathers been poor up here so not really been off fishing... but i have finally managed to edit and upload the Gopro footage i took last year... ended up taking ages due to college work, broken laptops, new laptops and the internet going down for weeks!

Tried out a new mount in deeper water over mixed ground that worked ok... although it did almost cost me a Gopro as you'll see in the video! ha ha

Managed some different species as well on the mixed ground and sand..

I did have "the Boss" by james brown on the original edit (Good song!) but due to youtube copyright rubbish i had to edit that out so the video would play on phones, hence the random generic homemade video music!!

Any feedback would be great... good or bad!

Hope you enjoy,

Lewis.

[video=youtube;Qhqe0ChrZ8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhqe0ChrZ8M[/video]

See less See more
#28 ·
Cheers for the comments lads,

Great video. Interested to know how you mount your Go Pro to get this footage. I got one for Crimbo and wouldn't mind trying to do something similar? Also what the best setting to use on the camera?
Cheers
Stuart
The original post i put up has some pictures regarding the go pro mount, i'd recommend making it out of slightly lighter material... bit of a heavy beast to use!! although you do get good steady shots.. It was just the default go pro setting i used.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/foru...11288-dab-fishing-gopro-video-bottom-sea.html

Great clip. I could almost hear the panic when it snagged! Lol
Yeah there was some choice words been shouted, that was on the last drift of the day... i had rigged a weaklink below the camera but still had no idea if it was the weight or the go pro which had been snagged!! :wacko:

Great post Lewis I would try a spoon with a bare hook for the Gurnard the next time. Any plans for some big cod or coalie, ling videos. So jealous of your fishing ground up there.
Hopefully at some point. Reason for the gurnards getting off is the go pro mounts that heavy you can't really feel takes so i never striked or hauled up.. last year they seem to be going crazy for 6" sidewinders as well, caught plenty of them in deeper water while jigging for cod which id never seen before.

Superb well worth the wait, as mentioned bet your heart stopped when you snagged it!! Would you dare drop the camera near a wreck????? :) thanks for sharing Lewis
There is a wreck in shollowish water i was thinking of trying but I'm not so sure now after the close call... not really wanting to shell out for another go pro! ha ha

Lewis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.