use google. put in your search string followed by site:worldseafishing.com

e.g

Dejon boat site:worldseafishing.com

to find all posts regarding dejon boats on WSF

Reactions: BigBass2000

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Yes, well, perhaps Dejon was a poor choice, but it's not 4 letters but 5 :D Was actually doing some research about the transition period between Croyden Marine and Norman boats, so with a bit of thread drift can you identify. Dejon hull, but the top?

·
Registered
50 Posts
thats a 15 ft f.a.m.e domino, not a dejon,if u see them side by side,they are very diffrent,i can recall reading someware that picton boats took over f.a.m.e company,not sure if thats right or not? iv seen a 17ft version as well,on the water both looked very stable,not like a dejon at all,hull and splash well,cuddy, and ring deck seem very much like a c.j.r but with a pointed bow !

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats a 15 ft f.a.m.e domino, not a dejon,if u see them side by side,they are very diffrent,i can recall reading someware that picton boats took over f.a.m.e company,not sure if thats right or not? iv seen a 17ft version as well,on the water both looked very stable,not like a dejon at all,hull and splash well,cuddy, and ring deck seem very much like a c.j.r but with a pointed bow !
pretty sure its a 16-6" picton hull now being sold under the new name of Kingfisher but still the same hull

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I agree the hull does look like Picton / F.A.M.E. but I cant find a single example on the net with a top like that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
at least one on youtube,and a few on irish angling sites, just same as above boat,just type in, fame domino boat, i looked at 2 exactly as above,when after a boat myself, a few years ago,both had the original builders plate on the bulkhead ! both said F.A.M.E.but only one said domino,both original gell coat(rather scruffy,but sound)slightly off white hull,one yellow cuddy & ring deck,the other powder blue,engine let one down,other had new deck,but i suspect it was just re-glassed & not replaced properly ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
happy to help bruce, when looking for a small trailable myself ,being 40 miles from the sea,i was after one without a braked trailer(due to maintainance cost of brakes)my car at the time would only legally tow 1000kg with brakes,so that ruled out warrior types, so on unbraked(up to 750kg) i was looking for orkney types,cathederal types,seahog,cjr,pilot,wilson ect,although some would have to be on a light weight trailer to be kept under 750(eg 17ft pilot,wilson) if they are put on a good roller, swing trailer,it would then need to be braked(as trailer could add another 200kg) many in my price range were older,pre-internet boats,so i looked at many boats,spoke to lots of owners at angling boat storage compounds,old angling mag adverts(nearly all manufacturers were in them, 70s to quite recently)lookin through 30+ yrs worth of sea mags was intresting! just as a example 17ft pilot types were manufactured by around 10+fabricators, all advertised as pilots,with a few diffrent cuddys,bulkheads,ringdecks,window configerations,claimed weights from 550lb to 1000lb,some slight size variations (up to 5inch) due to fitted fendering,and how much had been trimmed after bonding hull & ring deck together i suspect? and remember early lighter ones didnt have a splashwell & transome was lower so if swamped water could spill back out without sinking,well thats the theory any way?? many orkney longliner types,(some before orkney was trading) loads of boats would take a very,very well trained eye, and knowledge to say who and when they were made without a original builders plate affixed ??

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Yes, apologies to OP. Let's blame Clinker for putting me in a tight spot, shall we? :D

anyway google search strings will be as good if not better than the original SQL DB for hauling out archive material.

Here are the more commonly used ones: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.