World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In this week adventure we went doon the Clyde . We tackled super light looking for some action . The weather was just perfect , little wind , blue skies . 7 kayak on the water and off we went .
POLLOCK 7 (1 of 1).jpg

Lrf rods ready and a variety of little shads we soon found the fish .
POLLOCK 6 (1 of 1).jpg
POLLOCK 2 (1 of 1).jpg
POLLOCK 8 (1 of 1).jpg

Once the tide was running we nailed a few more . It was fine tuning .
POLLOCK 14 (1 of 1).jpg
Some good fish in there too .
POLLOCK 1 (1 of 1).jpg
And we got a surprise too .
POLLOCK 13 (1 of 1).jpg
View attachment 1076138
POLLOCK 12 (1 of 1).jpg
POLLOCK 11 (1 of 1).jpg

Just the perfect day .

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
You had a cracking day there lads, plenty of fish to keep you busy.
Its a bit early yet, but when the seals start to sunbathe on the island, watch out when they go in the water. Theres one big one that will sit below your vessel waitng for you to throw fish back then coming up from the depths to get it.
Also been known to try and take the fish off your hook when reeling in, I had an incident when I went to land a fish with my hand through the gills and sammys big yellow teeth were inches from my fingers!
Scarey, so landing net at all times guys!

Great report and thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How deep are the fish there? do you jig until a bite or sometimes trawl? thanks
Depth varies between 15 to 50 ft . I will never jig while pollock fishing , a steady retrieve works best . Trawling lures can be efficient in the summer months however I like to feel the little shad getting hit . Remember pollock loves the kelp forest . Your task is to lure the fish out of the forest and stop it getting back into the forest . Pollock are powerful the first 10 seconds , make sure your kit is well balanced .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts