World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have found that the smoke colour fireline doesn't seem to cast as well as the olive green.
I've used the green for a couple of years on abu 6501 reels with no problems.
the surface of the smoke seems rough.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Fireline seems to improve with use. The coating seems to soften after several outings. I have some on a ABU 7000 that has been on a few different reels. Casts well and apart from cutting back the worn last few yards has proven indestructable. Got snagged whilst using it from a small inflatable. Spent about 10 minutes trying to break it free. It did not break - got weight, wire trace and a fair lump of the bottom back. Nearly turned the rubber boat over!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I use it in 65lb for jerkbaiting for pike and haven't lost a lure on a snag since!Biggest snag landed 12 foot log!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Fireline seems to improve with use. The coating seems to soften after several outings. I have some on a ABU 7000 that has been on a few different reels.
Yea fireline definitely improves with use, when I first started using fireline I didn't like it at all. I found it really stiff as I was used to supple "normal" braid. Over a seasons use it has only got better and better. I needed to load a reel and chose to try whiplash braid, its very good but not a patch on fireline once its been "worn in" so to speak :fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts