World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks in the next month or two im going to attempt a rebuild on my pair of icon ms as a first rebuild project as they are a fairly cheap rod to start with, does anyone out there have a spacing guide detailing the diameter of the rings and spacings of the rings to help me along??

many thanks

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I would start with a 30mm butt guide and work down to 12mm and a 12mm tip. You could get away with smaller for multi use, or starting larger for fs with fewer guides but your happy with the original spacings then keep to them.

PS to check spacings run a line through and attach a weight. Get a nice bend in the rod and check the line doesn't touch the blank basically

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start with a 30mm butt guide and work down to 12mm and a 12mm tip. You could get away with smaller for multi use, or starting larger for fs with fewer guides but your happy with the original spacings then keep to them.

PS to check spacings run a line through and attach a weight. Get a nice bend in the rod and check the line doesn't touch the blank basically
Thanks very much for that mate very good of you to send that. I'm sure my first attempt will be practical and not pretty but like everythingbthe more I forgot the better ill get.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Mt first attempts were a little crude, but it gets very addictive and after a few you start getting decent results. Some top blokes kindly help out with tons of tips and info also, you know who you are :)

·
Registered
11,910 Posts
Measuring the existing guide positions assumes they were correct in the first place. Run a line through and put a bend into it before you strip them to make sure the line does not touch, or go under the blank (assuming multi):)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mt first attempts were a little crude, but it gets very addictive and after a few you start getting decent results. Some top blokes kindly help out with tons of tips and info also, you know who you are :)
Thanks very much for that bud. Just out of curiosity do you use a dryer? and if so what one?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Measuring the existing guide positions assumes they were correct in the first place. Run a line through and put a bend into it before you strip them to make sure the line does not touch, or go under the blank (assuming multi):)
great tips mate. Thank you and yes multi.

:)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yes I made one at first, it's was a proper bodge but got me by. Then a mate kindly donated a pac Bay 4x drier (missing a couple motors but I can now dry 2 sections at a time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts