World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been trying for quite a while now to catch a bass on a spinner (or at all). All my persiverince paid off on tuesday night. I was spinnning down under ferry bridge (portland) and this little fellar decided to bless me with his presence. Its probably the smallest bass ive ever seen, but atleast it means i must be doing something right. Thanks to anyone who gave me advice something must have sunk in. Just to let u know, the fish was returned with as little fuss as possible to fight another day.

Cheers all, Pilch.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well done mate

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Possitive mental attertude and a shed load of time and luck mate, confidence in your lure and making it come to life is what its all about. I was fishing and struggling last weekend with a mother of a hang over and couldnt work out why they were following and not hitting. Reason was they were eating white bait, stuffed full of it and my plugs probably looked more like hunters than prey, so as in fly fishing "match the hatch" sometimes, if i'd taken off my £16.95 plug and put a £2.50 16g Dexter wedge on I probably would have had a hell of a session.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations mate - those little fellas are feisty too - many a poor day has been saved by a hard fighting schoolie or 2...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys, I'm goin fishin tonight at portland bill, i'll post a report on how it goes!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heres the report from tonight - Blanked! oh well always tomoro

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Still waiting for my first bass on a lure (had a few on the feathers) but had a perch in the local river this week on an Ondex spinner. Got a real buzz from it even though it only weighed about 4oz!!!! Hope to get my first bass on a lure in Ireland when over there next week!!!!!

Well done on your first one. :clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts