World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally caught the elusive Bass!!

Set my alarm for 3:30 this morning and headed out to the chosen mark, arrived there at 4:45 and set up, the sea was pretty calm and the sky was starting to light up. Everything was quiet for the first hour or so, tried with a dexter wedge and then went on to slug-go`s. Thought I had some thing nibble at the slug so tried a few more casts but nothing.

Just as the sun came up i put a zonk on.

And within 2 casts this 2.5lb fish took the lure.

Then to make my day even better 5 minutes later its big brother had a go too!!! This fish was slightly larger at 3lb

After that burst of activity all went quiet again.

I now have alot more confidence in what i am doing and it seemed like i had to speed up my retrive slightly to get them interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice one, nothing beats getting one first thing in the morning all smiles for the rest of the day!!! looks a lovely spot too...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats, on a couple of nice Bass. I was up at silly o'clock this morning. But wasn't as lucky as you. Scratch another one up for the Zonk. What is the colour of that lure, looks good to me

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lovely looking fish mate, that ol'zonky will soon become your go-to plug, I'm telling thee :drunk:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
:notworthy:clap3::notworthy A very well done Fin,, and i see you got 'em on a whacker too,, EXCELLEMONDO!!!! Tight 'uns,, Marc..:punk:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Congrats, on a couple of nice Bass. I was up at silly o'clock this morning. But wasn't as lucky as you. Scratch another one up for the Zonk. What is the colour of that lure, looks good to me
Its a GG Inako I think, I just call it the mullet colour. Nice fishing mate, and I agree with the others that spot looks awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, still hasnt sunk in I am still excited :clap2:

Was definately a risk putting the zonk on as there is alot of kelp in that area, but it payed off!!!!

Going to have to get myself a back up from mr fish now.......

And I am going to need one of those lip grips, my fingers are full of holes.

·
Registered
8,074 Posts
Well done Fin :clap3::clap3:.

Congratulations on your first lure caught bass mate , there's nothing like it :fishing:.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hell of a confidence builder that mate, congrats. :clap:
Yet to get my 1st (bass) on a lure :mellow:. I think i'm in the market for a zonk or 2 now. Well done again. :fishing1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts