World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi Guys, just thought I&#39;d let you know the mackerel have started biting off the beach in South Devon. Spent an hour on Friday evening on feathers to no avail and within 10 minutes of changing to a spinner I was in&#33;

Looking forward to the bites increasing by the week now&#33;

regards
julianf</font>

G

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Julian, it&#39;s always good to here when the Mackerel are arriving. They are also being caught here in the Isle of Man, I haven&#39;t had the pleasure yet&#33;</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Julian,
Some good news at last&#33; It won&#39;t be long before they reach Hampshire. (Im usually looking forward to their arrival as soon as the cod and whiting disapear). Have you tried using rubber eels? I use the 90mm and smaller ones and catch Bass, Gars, Pollack, Scad and Shad and at least as many Mackerel as the boys on feathers if not more&#33;
Let the good times roll
Eky. &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Some guys who fish off Abbotsbury (Dorset) Chesil Beach swear by Mustad Silver Tinsel for Mackerel.Hope to try them soon.
</font>

G

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Well despite the odd Mackerel appearing at the Isle of Man, I failed miserably to find them on Saturday&#33;

I tried spinning a dexter wedge, a sandeel, free-line but nothing &nbsp;

Where are they??</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>The odd one has been caught from my neck of the woods (Gosport Hants), but I fear the coming wet and windy spell will put paid to any real build up for a few weeks.

Also</font>

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Went out on our own boat on saturday and managed to find a few mackerel 3 miles south of the Needles and then a few more on the 9 mile mark when at anchor. Water looks good and dark and wont be long before we can catch all we need&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>"wont be long before we can catch all we need&#33;&#33;&#33;"

You&#39;re right BigAl...I caught 6 for the dinner plate in just over an hour in the week and a guy there said him & his pal pulled 40 out a few days before&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I was back on feathers as spinning had been quiet that evening but the fella I was talking with said he was pulling in a fish per cast when spinning the previous time.

julian</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts