World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to thank Ian Burrett for all of his advice, help, patience and for making our trip unforgetable. We are already trying to decide when we can get back down for an attempt at the tope.
As Billy my Brother in Law said after we had finished "I've never caught so many fish", but then again Billy is the Blank champion of Scotland so as he caught 23 pollack varying from 1lb up to approx 4-5llb he certainly had a point. George caught a beautifull looking Ballan Wrasse and even if I do say so myself I had the catch of the day with a Bass of approx 4-5llb. George and myself had the inginity of gound baiting with the contents of our stomachs much to everyone's delight especially as I used to be in the Royal Navy for 6 1/2 years.
Iain Wilson was the only one to hook a fish on the fly rod (it was baited up so doesn't really count as "caught fly fishing") and his face was a picture trying to get the pollack into the boat and his language slightly more colourful. Anyway here are some pics and I could not recommend an outing with Ian and the rest of "On yer Marks" team highly enough

Attachments

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
cracking fish there, wouldnt mind a bass myself, well done.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Great report. Glad you got a trip sorted with Ian.

Looking forward to a trip later this month. Those photos have whetted my appetite.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope its the fish thats whetted your appetite and not our ugly mugs lol:laugh:. Anyway I'm sure you will have a great day out

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
well done on your bass were you close in.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yes I had my bi annual trim a month ago :yeah::yeah:
is that so we cant pull the wool over your eyes this weekend me oll seadog ?? i,ve ordered the scorcher with a flat calm so keep them tope hungry for us lad !!!

nice session you guys had:punk: its always a pleasure to fish down that area of scotland , i was down there at the weekend also and next weekend !! just when i come to think of it every weekend in august !!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quote - well done on your bass were you close in.

I don't know I was too busy looking at the end of my rod and being sick over the side - it looked pretty deep!!!! seriosly it was in approx 30ft of water and and I have no idea how far of shore.Please direct all technical questions to Ian Burrett lol:punk:

·
Registered
653 Posts
well done men..looks like a good trip..cracking bonus bass too...cheers

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i see ian has had a haircut:punk:
Damm Les I was hoping to get there first !!! :spiteful: A great report by the way and yes the "Onyermarks" team are really fine skippers and will always try their hardest to put you onto fish.

I have the "Mull of Galloway Blues" as stuck back home in Whitley Bay for three weeks :sad: Not to worry though,back over Aug 24th for a 3 week stint :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Damm Les I was hoping to get there first !!! :spiteful: A great report by the way and yes the "Onyermarks" team are really fine skippers and will always try their hardest to put you onto fish.

I have the "Mull of Galloway Blues" as stuck back home in Whitley Bay for three weeks :sad: Not to worry though,back over Aug 24th for a 3 week stint :)
na na nanana:bleh:

mind you john, we're only jealous....:whistling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts