World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a cancelation due to bad weather last time we are scedualed (spellin) to head out from brittonferry this sunday,
weather to me looks good and nothing in the next few days looks like a problem that could escalate into another canceled trip!
So.... Got my rod and reel, traces and weights but now debateing what Bait to buy?
Moneys pritty tight atm so only looking to spend around £20 on it for myself in the hope also to hit the mackerel while out there.

What do you guys recommend is good bait now for off the southwest wales shore, sandbanks and wrecks?

Thanks in advance guys!

Manx

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plenty of lugworm to be dug on swansea beach with a little effort and live sandeel available from gowerton n rogers......ask ur skipper
so lug and sand eels are the choice yeh? Thinkin about headin out and try to find a few crabz on sat also, heard they good atm

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
All depends on what your after really. Odds are you'll head to the reef at some point so you'll want some squid... Beauty of squid is, if you dont use it just re-freeze it and you can use the next trip... got some squid in the freezer thats been out on 4 trips now... just keeps getting pinker and better!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squids pritty cheap to aint it, the skipper is a friend of a friend so don't realy know what we are going out chaseing, don't think we are targeting anything just whatever takes our bait, that's why I'm woundering what to buy/dig/find :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
let us know how the trip goes mate, i live in Briton Ferry and we do a charter boat trip ever year with the boys from rugby. I didnt know that there was a charter boat in the Ferry though.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
All depends on what your after really. Odds are you'll head to the reef at some point so you'll want some squid... Beauty of squid is, if you dont use it just re-freeze it and you can use the next trip... got some squid in the freezer thats been out on 4 trips now... just keeps getting pinker and better!!
Is that comment yours or the fishes:laugh::laugh:
Looking okay for Sunday fingers crossed mate.

headlight

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
let us know how the trip goes mate, i live in Briton Ferry and we do a charter boat trip ever year with the boys from rugby. I didnt know that there was a charter boat in the Ferry though.
Yeh mate of course ill chuck up a post, with plenty of pictures too most probz. ill also let you know what its called once i know lol but like i said in erlyer reply its a friend of a friend doing it, its not a business he runs or nout its a trip out with the lads if you get me :drunk:

·
Registered
82 Posts
ahh thats fair enough i was thinking for a minute!! Well have a great day!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
The best thing about boating in the summer is you need spend hardly nothing on bait. All you need is a box or 2 of squid and you can, most of the time, get the mackies yourself!! But if not they are only a couple of quid a pack anyway!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im going to buy one pack of mackys but hopeing to hit aload when we start off out there, gotta be preperd for the worst tho aint we lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts