World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello hello,

Well, with the other half away for the day yesterday and no work, I thought it would be rude not to head out for the morning. So, armed with Rag, Squid, Crab and Sandeel i decided to hit a mid channel mark for LW. The wind was blowing a strong North Westerly wind and the clouds seemed to be getting darker and darker after the sun came up. Now, as some of you know, I've not long been back into the sport, so everything little change is a challenge and an achievement-even setting up in strong winds (a couple of sessions ago I smashed 3 eyes on the rod).
Set up was spot on, I was comfy an feeling quietly confident about the session, fishing 2.5 hours ebb and 2 hours flood. Both rods went out, one with double crab and squid cocktail and the other a whole squid. Within 10 mins, a lovely slackline bite, which at first I thought the weight had just come loose, I tightened and the same again, I figured it had to be a fish-2 minutes later this little fella was on the beach, my first codling of the year at around 2lb...

After that, there was nothing but weed, it was hard to tell bites as the wind picked up but the rest of the session saw nothing.
Anyway, pretty chuffed with a good day of casting in tougher conditions and caught my first Codling :thumbs:

Hope you're all well.

Samwise

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
good one m8,there are the odd one or two starting to show from berrow/brean as well,and its only 1st week in august.:wiggle:

could be a very good autumn/winter:fish:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. Yeah I've heard of a few places starting to show codling. A very early start to the cod run this year. Like you said, could be a very good Autumn/Winter! :thumbs:

---

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where do you fish most,do you ever fish brean/berrow beaches,i did very well on them last winter,my local venue as just 2 mins down road:wiggle:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i only just got back into fishing in April after nothing for about 12 years. At the moment i'm fishing mostly between Bossington and Lilstock. I've never fished Brean/Berrow. Good for cod right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
yep like anywhere good one tide slow the next,best i did last year was 7 in 1 3hr session,went down there next tide and never had a bite,but hey thats fishing,gonna pt a shed load of hrs down there this winter:fish::fish:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that seems to be the case at the moment too. I should head up sometime soon, it's about the same amount of time from here as it is to get to most the venues i'm currently fishing.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well done on your 1st cod fella,:victory: be nice to see if the BC kicks off this autumn with a good run of em. Aj :thumbs:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for all your comments guys, much appreciated.
Yeah it seems that have never really gone away this year and from speaking to others it sounds like we could be set up for an awesome autumn/winter. I shall be out at the weekend for another bash and see what happens.
Anyone else catching much in the channel at the moment? Reports seem to be few and far between.

---

1 - 12 of 12 Posts