World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today for a chuck in the snow wind rain was freezing and decided to fish a new mark, was by myself till I met someone I have been speaking to on wsf loaded with reg frozen lug and forgot the squid, turned out I never needed it anyways.
Walked the short distance and the waves were crashing my hands were like ice got set up and had nothing for the first hour or so, had 2 crack offs and then rob was into his first fish 2lb coddling.
with it now looking good i put on 4 rag and cast out no more than 60 yards and 10 mins later bang I was in not a big knock but I could feel it on the end as it cleared the last wave I seen it was a good fish prob just a tad under 4 lb a new pb and on my new century compresser ss was chuffed to bits and looking forward to the next trip.

Red Fish Carmine Seafood Fish

Organism Fish Vertebrate Underwater Fin

·
Registered
100 Posts
well done on the cod mate im going down horden on sunday night hope i get one like that:thumbs:

·
Registered
762 Posts
looks nice but try some of my proper batter on it better than chippys self raising flour 2 table spoons rice flour ,, mix in water to a thick batter note do not use plain flour always use self-raising enjoy ,,, easy scampi piece monk fish raw prawns king chop both prawns and monk fish very fine till it is both mixed in roll in corn flour use same batter mmmm best scampi going thats all for cooking with deake

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi ,, :clap2::clap2: for the batter mix try soda water instead of tap water and a couple of drops of lemon juice this will make your batter lighter and bubble more and bring out the taste of the fish with the lemon :clap3::bleh:

·
Registered
15,500 Posts
Use beer instead of water, makes much tastier batter....plus there is always some left for a wet after frying the fish. My better half is the dogs nads at beer batter, she also uses Lager, and Cider, dont know where the list will end.

Dave

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
them chips look bang on did ya make them? or send the mrs to the chippy lol?! fish looks like what i have a few days a week for me protien, spray olive oil in pan salt n pepper and bang fish in plain. just chew n swallow n neck water ( body building).

get some batter on it. mushy peas, and a blob of red on the side. mmmm .

·
Registered
448 Posts
Making me hungry here lads...... And lightly floured and fried skin side down's the future by the way. Only turn it over for a minute after it's nearly cooked through and you've turned the heat off. Your welcome by the way ;-)

·
Registered
762 Posts
i put my chips in microwave before cooking them takes all the starch out , in microwave full power 4 mins then in chip pan like old fashioned chips and less time in chip pan ha ha turning into a cookery forum ,,,, owey lads back to catching them first ha ha ,, :fishing1::fish:

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is me fish tea, lol light and crispy batter made with soda water and Lemmon chilli powder, mushy peas and tommy source and chips from the chippy, had to be done reading all yours threads lol, am not just saying it but tastes ten times better that the chippy tho, probs coz you caught it ya self lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
chrissy cook the bass whole in foil

bit of garlic butter and fine chopped red chillis

serve with piri piri roast baby potatoes and a mixed leaf salad

perfection!!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I like bass pan fried skin side only , on high at first then turn it straight down. Then when the skin's like crackling but not burned pop it in the oven for 1 minute to finish cooking the top. Serve it on roast fennel and pour on a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. Sounds poncey but well worth the effort. Don't forget to scale it first mind

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.