World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
until andy1965,prompted me 3 years ago,to try lures,and haven't looked back,mind you...occasionaly experimenting,with a crappy old telescopic rod,and carp reel,with 10lb nylon on..trying to cast the lure,no more than 30yds,in boulder strewn ground!! mine was a rapala j11 jointed..blue silver!! will never forget that 4lb beauty!! don't even possess one now!!...luv this sport!!..oly...

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Will never forget it.......... October the 14th 2014 after months of hooking the odd fish and loosing them I finally hit the jackpot over low water on a very dark night. Lure of choice my trusty feed shallow in Ochiayu....... the fish was 10lb 8oz’s of Welsh silver and I was one happy boy!!

6D2B2D3C-6A2C-4C70-A6F8-2CC811A86622.jpeg

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Will never forget it.......... October the 14th 2014 after months of hooking the odd fish and loosing them I finally hit the jackpot over low water on a very dark night. Lure of choice my trusty feed shallow in Ochiayu....... the fish was 10lb 8oz’s of Welsh silver and I was one happy boy!!

View attachment 1123469
I remember that catch report Kevin! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I invested in the same lure... lovely colour....next order to Japan!
Still yet to catch anything on it!?!? Doh!...haha! o_O

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hooked my first ever bass 2 weeks ago yesterday. It was about 9 inches long - no idea how much it weighed as it went straight back. This was at Daymer Bay at the mouth of the Rive Camel. Lure was a silvery Black Minnow.

But how typical! Spent a fortune buying a boat, towing it to various parts of the country and not a sniff of a bass, then go to a beach whilst on a short break for a couple of hours with a spinning rod and get my first one!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts