World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Travelled down to Holderness yesterday, long way from the north east but I have been dying to give it a go.

Arrived around 2.30pm and looked around the beach for the most likely spot, after a quiet start with it being low water, started to get knocks after a couple of hours, first fish was a small codling, still welcome however not what I had travelled two hours for.

Then around mid water on the flood had a good knock and wound in my first ever ray, a thornback, only small but still worth the trip alone, you dont get many fo these in the North East!!

Met a guy from the forum called Stu form East Yorkshire who was fishing just up from me, he caught a lovely bass, a fraction under 5lb. It was a pleasure to watch it swim away. (nice to meet you mate)

I think I could have had a few more fish but not sure on tactics, need to do more home work.

I will definatley travel down again, and if any of the North East lads fancy sharing the petrol send me a message and I will happily give you a lift.

Next time I will be better prepared with rigs etc

I would never have fished done there if it wasn't for this forum so cheers lads!!!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Well done mate, glad you had a good session, and I would be well chuffed with the ray - I am yet to catch one!

·
Registered
190 Posts
well done mate good fish, im still looking for my 1st ray but still catching other fish so don`t mind but this year i wood like to get 1

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasnt sure if it should have been on here or on the North East. It didnt feel like i was in the North East on the two hour drive home!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I wasnt sure if it should have been on here or on the North East. It didnt feel like i was in the North East on the two hour drive home!!
Holderness is at the lower end of the N/E forums region, the limit being the humber... it might be worth putting a link or re-posting on N/E forum ,it will get more "hits" too as it,s more relevant..... usually a moderator would move it for you....Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts