World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to sea palling today, just on high tide, and caught my first ever Bass, well chuffed. Also got two dinner plate sized Dabs, returned as not sure how to fillet them, a 6 inch baby Bass, numerous small whiting and a codlet. All caught on lug. Well happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Well done on your first Bass. Ive fished for over 55 years now and its still my favourite species! As regards the Dabs, personally I wouldn't bother filleting them. Just lop of the heads and fry them in a pan. Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bass is my chosen species bite hard, play hard on light tackle and taste spot on :) if you ever fancy a trip down kessingland I'll pm u a good mark, most I one day 20+ 7 of them at 3-6 lb, just gotta wait for the better weather tight lines bud

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Palling reefs is the only place in this area that's fishable during Easterly storms, went there a year or so back as all my local beaches were un fishable due to massive waves, fished at the northern bay just behind the first reef and cast into the bay, caught a 3lb bass and 2 huge flounders,only problem there are the kite surfers and lack of free parking, I walked a long way from the middle reef to get to my spot, but was well worth it,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts