World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for all the help and advice guys in getting my first yak. took it out for a play down aberavon yesterday and it took some getting used to.after a few dips in a hell of a surf and swell i started to get a feel of it but realised how unfit i am so here comes a diet so i can get the best out of it.any ideas on best place for a second hand dry suit cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I would get used to a yak in calm waters first, like a river or harbour. There is more to paddling than just going along, and you will find it difficult to try techniques when you are being tossed about by waves. Bet the surf was fun though!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Lol that surf can be energy sapping col , try to hit the old harbour in Barry to practice your paddling techniques and some self rescue when out of your depth . Abberavon in for a penny in for a pound lol see ya soon fella . Give escape wstersports in bridgend a ring for drysuits he sometimes has cheap deals check hells Hanson in McArthur glen I got my one for £240 and it was selling for £1200 at the time also check force 4 chandlrey on penarth road and up and under on cowbridge rd

·
Registered
722 Posts
ye was shattered next day guys but still enjoyed. will get to mac glen tomorrow for a look what make was it ph balls and are there any to avoid cheers guys:thumbs:
not sure about ones to avoid to be honest as I have only ever used the one I have . If your going to McArthur you may as well pop into escape watersports in pyle too as he has a few different types there and can explain the differences to you and make sure you try them on before you part with cash

Sorry fella its a helly Hanson ocean racer I have

http://www.marineandoutdoorclothing...size-large-31722-162&utm_campaign=froogle#359

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol that surf can be energy sapping col , try to hit the old harbour in Barry to practice your paddling techniques and some self rescue when out of your depth . Abberavon in for a penny in for a pound lol see ya soon fella . Give escape wstersports in bridgend a ring for drysuits he sometimes has cheap deals check hells Hanson in McArthur glen I got my one for £240 and it was selling for £1200 at the time also check force 4 chandlrey on penarth road and up and under on cowbridge rd
You forgot ebay and gumtree:clap2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts