World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had half n hour or so down south gare yesterday morning about 10am,no body on at all,didn't think macky would be in yet,but i thought i would have half hour on the end with a set of daylights on...........nowt for the 1st 6 or 7 casts then i casted out and half way in bang! my rod bent over.....i thought yes! macky are here and reeled like mad incase the seal was lurking about.......................................but when i got what i thought was a macky in it was actually 3 billet about 7 inch long.........gutted thought it was definately a macky.....anyway i chucked em back and had another cast and caught another..........then packed up and came home cos i was back shift..........:schmoll: :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Mackerel in on 8 June at South Gare 2003.
Mackerel in on 31 May at South Gare 2004.
Mackerel in on 24 May at South Gare 2005.
Mackerel in on 23 June at South Gare 2006.

From my records :g:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
feathers.......... a set of daylights....
ive found daylights is the best to use in any place,depends on the area,roker pier is a good spot for them when they are on good ,i usually let my lead hit the bottom and lift and so on ,when ya get a full house ,its good aint it ,but i wont waste time aching my arms this year ill get mine from boat and freezer will be happy

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
ive found daylights is the best to use in any place,depends on the area,roker pier is a good spot for them when they are on good ,i usually let my lead hit the bottom and lift and so on ,when ya get a full house ,its good aint it ,but i wont waste time aching my arms this year ill get mine from boat and freezer will be happy
Stop ye bragging about the boat young un,if andy hears ye called him fat ye will be rubby dubby lmfao

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Same as me m8 ,but I use a 60g spinner on the end of my daylights, but again this year will see me catching most of them from the boat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was at the gare Wednesday night tried for the mack with a set of daylights and caught a small bassof about 1.5 lb so I turned to plugs to catch another bass of about the same, that the son was convinced was the same fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts