World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out today for the first proper session of the season , joined by Manictoo and Magnetreel , the motley crew back in action !

Expectations were not that high , but a good recce of our favourite early season area was needed

Bit of colour in the water but not enough to be a concern , and over all got a good feeling for the coming weeks ahead

Got myself into a nice position where i thought there may be a chance of some fish pushing through on that state of tide

3rd cast with the gunfish and its fish on , a spirited scrap and a 50cm bass is landed , 2014 season up and running :bounce:

Great to be back out there and catch after holding off for so long ,off the top as well , even better , no more fish after that today , but they will come

Im sure Ken will stick up a pic tomorrow , and his thoughts on the session , it was like we have never been away lads.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Cracking way to start the year! :clap:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Good on you. I think our water -- south coast, at least -- is still a bit too murky. That's my excuse, anyway. All I managed today, in three hours, was a wee pollack and a bass of about 38cm. But it was great to have the lure rod back in action, and to be able to roll a smoke that was not lugworm-flavoured.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Against All Odds – Baptism of Fire

Well hats off to you Rod
First trip out, new rod, new lure and a fish off the top.
Now I can’t just post a picture of your moment of glory without events which
Lead up to your prize.
After the long lay off, we never looked to start off with a short easy trip, no
Back with a baptism of fire, a 12 hour plus round trip, with a long hard trek each way
just to reach the hallowed fishing grounds.

Before we had even started fishing, the whispers on the wind said our chances were
slim to nil but would be better much later on.

I could not believe my luck when magnetreel walked on past his favoured spot,
I took advantage and waded out casting either side as I went.
B***** a wind knot ended my fortune, whilst I cut the braid thread it through the rings (as it had come out) reconnected my clip, a sneaky hobbit had passed by out into clearer water.
Just as I was finishing, cries of glee filled the air, looking up the Hobbits new rod was bent
right over. I can’t say what I was thinking, but if it wasn’t for a wind knot, it could have been me.
Just as history had gone before Rod had caught against the odds in his first few casts.

At least I can thank him for retrieving one of my precious lures after it cracked off with another wind knot.
To keep things in balance (Yin-Yang) I then had to wade back in some 200 plus yards to change reels,
So fed up with wind knots, back on with my Penn fierce.

Later I brought joy to Rod as I stepped in a hole, and went from knee deep to near waist deep.

Balancing things up again, magnetreel retrieved another of my precious lures that cracked off after the bail arm snapped closed during casting.
We struggled on all day with no further takes.
It was a glorious return to fishing and at least it wasn’t only me who struggled on the climb out,
I was in good company.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well done Rod, you taught Manictoo and Magnetreel, the original boarder bandits, a lesson again:laugh:
Back to being a border bandits now, Magnetreel always was a home boy LOL.

Do you think Rod's catch has anything down to joining the DFR club:boxing:

I'm feeling left out not owning one.:doh:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Great to have you lot posting again. Some people say the year is turning when they hear a cuckoo or see blackthorn in flower. For me, it's when your nutty (in a good way) adventures start to see the light of day. Keep them coming, they always raise a smile.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,611 Posts
Against All Odds – Baptism of Fire

Well hats off to you Rod
First trip out, new rod, new lure and a fish off the top.
Now I can’t just post a picture of your moment of glory without events which
Lead up to your prize.
After the long lay off, we never looked to start off with a short easy trip, no
Back with a baptism of fire, a 12 hour plus round trip, with a long hard trek each way
just to reach the hallowed fishing grounds.

Before we had even started fishing, the whispers on the wind said our chances were
slim to nil but would be better much later on.

I could not believe my luck when magnetreel walked on past his favoured spot,
I took advantage and waded out casting either side as I went.
B***** a wind knot ended my fortune, whilst I cut the braid thread it through the rings (as it had come out) reconnected my clip, a sneaky hobbit had passed by out into clearer water.
Just as I was finishing, cries of glee filled the air, looking up the Hobbits new rod was bent
right over. I can’t say what I was thinking, but if it wasn’t for a wind knot, it could have been me.
Just as history had gone before Rod had caught against the odds in his first few casts.

At least I can thank him for retrieving one of my precious lures after it cracked off with another wind knot.
To keep things in balance (Yin-Yang) I then had to wade back in some 200 plus yards to change reels,
So fed up with wind knots, back on with my Penn fierce.

Later I brought joy to Rod as I stepped in a hole, and went from knee deep to near waist deep.

Balancing things up again, magnetreel retrieved another of my precious lures that cracked off after the bail arm snapped closed during casting.
We struggled on all day with no further takes.
It was a glorious return to fishing and at least it wasn’t only me who struggled on the climb out,
I was in good company.

Great report as always Ken :1a:
Well done Rod , for getting that bass ...
Looks like the whispers in the wind were not to far out lol ..
That fish must have been sat there alone if came in 1st few casts ....
Still great. To see another report , and off the top to ...
New rod , reel , lures etc ,,,, come on Rod 44 , who you robbed or ripped off lately lol ....:slap:

Your turn soon enough Ken , this will be your best year easy :1a:

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,459 Posts
Hey Mark..............5k :clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks gents for all your replies , just great to be out there and be able to post a catch report at last , however modest .
Hopefully we will see some more start coming in during next few weeks .

Many thanks Ken for posting the pics , really good to catch up again its been too long . Wont be the same with you not about quite as much this year , just make sure you get some good fishing sussed out down there , looking forward to heading west now and then for a fish with you once it becomes your new home ground .

Mark 333.....you cheeky lol , my kit bought from honest hard work , better than letting the kids waste it ......

Bruvahaze......very impressed with the reel absolute joy to use

Cobia.....water could have been clearer but not to bad , this mark is prone to colouring up quick but it was much better than we were expecting all things considered . Have to say that a few areas in my immediate locale have cleared up very well lately .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts