World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Dave and I where out yesterday first light, I started the proceedings with a bass of around 4 pound and 20 mins later Dave bettered it with an impressive first bass of the year at 67cm, which is around 7lb on the bass tape:1a:

Unfortunately this wasn't the start of a mega session but considering we only fished for 2 hours as we had a busy day ahead, we were both very pleased to have a couple of nice bass already on our tally for the season.

Sorry about the pics but we were too far from each other to take grin and hold glory shots, just quick snaps and bass returned :thumbs:

Registered
Well done Gents...nice to see the catch reports starting !!
Did you stay local to home...or were you fishing our neck of the woods ???

Registered
Well done Joe and Dave,

What was the water clarity like 'cos back my way (West Hants) its been murky since before Christmas with no let up - i seem to recall someone posting about dredging in Soton water so that may be the issue still here.

Great to see Bass at last though - has Mark been out yet?

Mart.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done Joe and Dave,

What was the water clarity like 'cos back my way (West Hants) its been murky since before Christmas with no let up - i seem to recall someone posting about dredging in Soton water so that may be the issue still here.

Great to see Bass at last though - has Mark been out yet?

Mart.
The water clarity wasn't great, clear enough to catch but not how it usually would be in the area we were fishing. Mark hasn't been out yet and is on holiday, back today sometime.

G

well done lads,thank god for that,might get to read some reports in this section now you will have inspired the people on here to stop talking and start fishing !
cheers rab

Registered
Well done to both of you,

GREAT start to the season.

Up The Border Bandits:clap3::clap2:

*BASS LURE GURU*
So Dave and I where out yesterday first light, I started the proceedings with a bass of around 4 pound and 20 mins later Dave bettered it with an impressive first bass of the year at 67cm, which is around 7lb on the bass tape:1a:

Unfortunately this wasn't the start of a mega session but considering we only fished for 2 hours as we had a busy day ahead, we were both very pleased to have a couple of nice bass already on our tally for the season.

Sorry about the pics but we were too far from each other to take grin and hold glory shots, just quick snaps and bass returned :thumbs:
Nice fish . Lovely one by Dave there ...
7 pound is a lovely fish , better than heck of a lot of people's PBs I know ...
So as a first fish on first trip , bravo .....

You can tell by looking at them there Dorset bass , , ,
Plus in his report it says a 4.5 and 7 ....
That's never going to happen 1st trip last trip , or any trip , 2 that size in one trip where they live lmfao ....
That's why they come here ......

Registered
COOOOOL! That's excellent. Hopefully the vis here will get better than three inches some time soon and give us a chance of a fish.

Registered
Great stuff Joe and Dave , couple of nice early fish there , good to see it all starting to come back to life . The coming weeks could be interesting .........

Registered
Brilliant session guys! :notworthy

*BASS LURE GURU*

To be fair , I have thought about this now .
You wait till I'm away in camper , poach a mark I always tell you will produce 1st nearly every year then rub it in my face :g::uhuh::yucky:
Fish your own ground boarder bandits lol ...
67cm Dave that is a cracking start , lots would like a 7 pounder come the END ,
Of there season :clap3::notworthy
Going to have to see when I can get out and how long it's going to take to beat
67 , could be unlucky and not see one all season ,, or till very late summer .
Shame it was not 6 pound , far better chance lol ...
Well done though , you two put in huge efforts , far more than locals , in fact locals think Joe is a local :blink:
As in any thing in life , you get out what you put in .................:notworthy:clap3:

Registered
To be fair , I have thought about this now .
You wait till I'm away in camper , poach a mark I always tell you will produce 1st nearly every year then rub it in my face :g::uhuh::yucky:
Fish your own ground boarder bandits lol ...
67cm Dave that is a cracking start , lots would like a 7 pounder come the END ,
Of there season :clap3::notworthy
Going to have to see when I can get out and how long it's going to take to beat
67 , could be unlucky and not see one all season ,, or till very late summer .
Shame it was not 6 pound , far better chance lol ...
Well done though , you two put in huge efforts , far more than locals , in fact locals think Joe is a local :blink:
As in any thing in life , you get out what you put in .................:notworthy:clap3:
Agreed , they do put in huge effort , deserve all they get after coming all that way . Becoming a bit of a habit now , the bandits sneaking in under cover of darkness , and trouncing us locals who are often fishing not that far away :cry:

Come on Mark , you dont expect us to believe youre struggle to beat a 67 this season do you :unsure:
Only way that would happen , would be if you dont go lol .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts