World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a new mark last night that I've been wanting to try since moving to Pembrokeshire two years ago. Middle bay to the left of Freshwater West looks so fishy I had to give it a go. I arrived at the mark a few hours before darkness, with the wind off my back it was ideal for casting the plugs. There were a few fish splashing on the surface so I first tried a patchinko but nothing seemed interested. I switched over to a feed shallow as the sun was setting over the horizon and after a few casts got my first bite. Not a huge fish at 40cm but my first bass of the year, I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture. I carried on casting the feed shallow but it had gone quiet. The temperature had dropped, it had gotten dark and it seemed the fish had moved on. My hands by this point were starting to get pretty numb and I was having my usual 10 "last cast" when another bass hit my feed shallow. This one fought a little harder and I thought it was going to be a better fish but actually it was smaller than the first at 37cm. I did take a picture of this one. Sorry about the photo quality but I could barely operate my phone with cold hands. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable evening and hopefully the first of many.
IMG_20210430_213121.jpg

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The Fact that you actively targeted a specific fish on an artificial lure comments TOP Marks! Well Done! The last time I caught fish on a Lure (a "Rattletrap") was an age ago - almost a lifetime back....

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Well done @AJJ always good to get a result from a new mark

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Great report and nice to know they're starting to take lures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts