World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having a good few days off sulking at being runner up last year I thought I better get my arris in gear and get this years effort on the go ..... I started to shirvy up a few days ago having seen a break in the weather was coming.On day three I could just make out some shadows moving in and out of the swim but they still seemed a bit skittish... quite a few small ones but one or two that would be a good start .... On day four they were there waiting .... few spoons in and a 20 minute wait to give them confidence...... wasn鈥檛 long after dropping a flake in I had a nice lump on that eventually went in the net .... quick phone call and off to the fish recorders.... 5.1.11 of silver ghost ..aka... thick lipped grey mullet.... not much of a photo as I wanted to get it back alive but am pleased to get a 5lber as I didn鈥檛 get any over 5 last year ..... now to try and remember how to get the pic up 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Water Liquid Fin Underwater Organism

Registered
Nice one mate. Well one. (y)

Ian.

Reactions: Rouge Moullet

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's impressive for January!
Really it quite sad mate because its a reminder of the massive winter shoals we used to have .....and i mean massive all throughout the channel islands ..... a ten pounder would be quite possible and now its almost impossible .....:cry:

Registered
Really it quite sad mate because its a reminder of the massive winter shoals we used to have .....and i mean massive all throughout the channel islands ..... a ten pounder would be quite possible and now its almost impossible .....:cry:
Well done but at the same time so sad how fishing has changed.

My family are originally from Jersey, gran owned the hotel there before the war. Maybe its time to move back, then I can fish for one of the most exciting fish ever

Registered
Well done what a start to the year...why do you think the Mullet numbers have declined so much it is such a sad shame? remember as a lad you would see thousands of them in the River Dart in Devon but there all but gone now.:cry:.

Mike.

Registered
Lovely fish there Rouge, imo one of the hardest fighting fish in the UK pound for pound. Very distressing about the diminishing numbers, spend a lot of time around marinas and estuaries, see a few nice fish but only ever seen one that would've been pushing into the doubles, couldn't believe the thickness of it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts