World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son and i vetured out , was planning on hythe was let down on bait the day before , made another call to AQUA MARINE in hastings bait ordered , ( thankyou for the info on where to try , next time we will take your advice ) got to hastings picked up bait headed off in search of food son thinking of his guts whi'll i was thinking of filling the guts of some cod with the worms and hooks attached ? so we settled on rockanor fish market end only ones on the beach a nice swell and chocolate colour , set son up first 4/0 pulley pennel 4 big fat worms , then my live bait rig , then his other rod finds out he's left his new reel at home, so he asks can i use a multiplier please dad and i'de like to cast , : ok : reluctantly , he did well no birdies or tangles , 10" whitting with a 4/0 stuck down it's throat first blood to him ? by now my other rod was set up 1 up 1 down with 1/0's the win played up a bit and made bites a struggle then me a rockling then me again a pouting , then on the multi he casts no further than 5 metrs dad quick i runs over he had a battle on his hands it pulled a long the surf and the boing the lead comes flying up the beach he lost what ever he had high tide was quiet and slow the i had a ting yes all my fish ended in ing except for what i was after slow but a good night out and getting my son into fishing rather than game consoles ? 10 tings , 3 rockling , and some pouts , :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
my son and i vetured out , was planning on hythe was let down on bait the day before , made another call to AQUA MARINE in hastings bait ordered , ( thankyou for the info on where to try , next time we will take your advice ) got to hastings picked up bait headed off in search of food son thinking of his guts whi'll i was thinking of filling the guts of some cod with the worms and hooks attached ? so we settled on rockanor fish market end only ones on the beach a nice swell and chocolate colour , set son up first 4/0 pulley pennel 4 big fat worms , then my live bait rig , then his other rod finds out he's left his new reel at home, so he asks can i use a multiplier please dad and i'de like to cast , : ok : reluctantly , he did well no birdies or tangles , 10" whitting with a 4/0 stuck down it's throat first blood to him ? by now my other rod was set up 1 up 1 down with 1/0's the win played up a bit and made bites a struggle then me a rockling then me again a pouting , then on the multi he casts no further than 5 metrs dad quick i runs over he had a battle on his hands it pulled a long the surf and the boing the lead comes flying up the beach he lost what ever he had high tide was quiet and slow the i had a ting yes all my fish ended in ing except for what i was after slow but a good night out and getting my son into fishing rather than game consoles ? 10 tings , 3 rockling , and some pouts , :thumbs:
Thanks for posting Mate. This venue is where i first fished in the sea (1967). Many happy memories of rock a nore When we used to putter out in a 14 ft boat to fish off Fairlight cove.
If the weather was too rough we fished off the wall underneath the cliffs. HAPPY DAYS.:thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.