World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was given the all clear to get back to normal life last friday - after 3 months of recovering from a ruptured achilles tendon. As always priorities first - got to go fishing !!!!!

Didnt think the high tides and the hoards at dungy would be the ideal for someone recuperating, so opted for the West Parade Hythe.

Business as usual - first cast a ting (i was actually pleased after 3months of being fishless)

2nd cast a 1lb 8oz Bass - even more pleased

Things then settled into normal winter session on the beach - the ting went on feeding frenzy (see the pic three at once on a single pennel bait)

The guy next to me (John) had a 4lb 9oz Cod an hour or so he had another aprox 2lb. We got talking he told me about the attractors he uses (beads and shiny spoon shaped sequins) he let me have a few and he also gave me 10 of his black lug. I promptly set up one of my rods with the beads and sequin combo. stuck on two of the black lug, hit it as far as i could. Two casts later a 5lb Cod was on the beach.

What a day - i am back fishing , got my first Cod of the winter and met a great fellow angler - thank you John it was good to meet you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Bet it's nice to be back,just shows you're always learning from other anglers with the beads and little spinner blades...plus you get a nice coddie to boot,excellent day out I'd say Bruv!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well done mate. Had a similar problem with my Achilles back in feb, I was laid up for 4 months. Certainly good to get back out. Be careful with your ankle, wear boots with a decent ankle support. Fishing a comp at hythe on Tuesday so good to hear there's fish about.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Well done on the cod and bass, Think Your new 'best mate' was probably one of the Seabrook lads, well good on him for showing You some tips and sharing his bait, would be nice if a lot of other anglers were that way inclined ! Were You fishing near the end of St Leonards Road, at the start of Fishermans beach ? Hythe has seen a fair few cods caught this week, probably more so than at Dungy in ratio of numbers of fish caught over man hours put in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Matchman

No I wasnt right at the end it was nearer the middle of the parade. Hope this helps, I will be back soon.

Thanks to everyone on all the responses, its certainly good to be back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts