World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going to fish a beach somewhere thursday but after checking the weather decided to leave it till friday and give the stour a bash for the first time this year for bass with my son george. after talking with 'Hogster' decided to try a deep water mark first, fish from the start almost every cast for an hour then it died with the full run. upped anchor and tried a couple of drifts but with only 2 fish and the breeze blowing us the wrong way we tried a shallow mark. first cast a stonking bite but missed it. not much else so decided to go back to the deep water, while retrieving my rod i was nailed just before i got to the boat by a fish of about a pound. soon as we stopped at the deep water mark we were into fish it was manic for 10 minutes, as soon as the bait hit the bottom we had a bite, didnt even have a chance to put the rod down. althought the water is still not that clear had one on a lure. well done George for his PB the only real sizable of the day 44cm.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well done mate.
Hopefully i'll be back out there somewhere next week, depending on weather and a few other obstacles, hopefully the water will be much clearer.

AL ..

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah hopefully get some settled weather and the water will clear, hoping to try bawdsey point in the next week or two. lots of nice banks and groynes to try

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done marv must have been good tips i recon lol.

may go of orford if weather holds monday just to warm myself up ready for the tope trip tuesday.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got everything crossed for tuesday dick....not looking too good at the moment though is it. 16mph n. east

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
well i got everything crossed for tuesday dick....not looking too good at the moment though is it. 16mph n. east
Be a tad lumpy then mate lol

Looks like it'll be next weekend for me, weather permitting.

Hoping for some Mackies, i love em' lol

Looking forward to yer next report and your's too Dick, i'll be Mark scrounging if ya do good :kissing:

AL ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts