World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , looking for some help please lads , I'm going chest beach on Nov 10th with a few of my freinds .. all keen anglers , what I would like to find out is what rods would be suitable up there , I usually use bze's 3-5 oz for around here (Padstow) but I also have a couple century cm's and am not sure what would be more suitable ? Also any other advice on rigs baits n stuff would be really appreciated and would be returned should u ever fish around this way . All the best , Patrick

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
Take your cms fella as then u will be able to put a lead and bait out further than your bze.
Bait wise lug lug black lug quid is all u will want.
Pm Timthebass or cod father 1 on here for your black lug.
I'd take about 2lb lug and about 100 blacks and box of squid. This should put some fish on the beach for ya.
Abboutsbury walk left for about 30 mins to reach the dragons teeth or west bex left again for about 15 mins and fish in front last White House.
Portland ( ferry bridge ) walk right for as long as u can and to get away from the masses :)
Good luck fella

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ideal ,got an endless supply of crab here but will struggle with the black lug , will fish baits be worth a try at that time of year ?? Tbh I avnt got a clue what sort if fish to expect or Target , ? Ps thanks for the responses

·
Registered
105 Posts
Although I'd say distance would give you a better chance, I would mention that I had a decent cod at 50yds on Friday night, may have been a fluke but I put it down to quality bait and conditions! Fresh worms tipped with squid have to be the way to go.

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Thanks lads for the advice , will I need rotten bottoms and gripped leads when fishing there ?
No rotten bottoms bud but grippers will be needed in 5 and 6oz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts