World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm going sea fishing in march in weymouth as it's my 1st time i'm going to hire the rod from the capt of the boat what i'm asking is what sort of clothing would i need i'v got some salopettes what i use for skiing and there waterproof or do i need the propper stuff thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
They will be fine just make sure you have plenty of clothing with you it does get cold out on the boat then again if youre warm just take it off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
whenever i've gone on a boat, i've just lobbed a macky strip on a pennel rig, and waited too see what bites. have had bass, blonde ray, whiting.....

dont take me word for it though, only been about half a dozen times, there are plenty of other good anglers about on this site

&

·
0 Posts
Hi Robbo,

Great to hear you off out of Weymouth, check out the section on this Website on Weymouth and also www.deepsea.co.uk, especially the Tiger Lily (Chris Caines) section he's got great info. on Weymouth species and the methods used.

Don't get too bogged down with the technical stuff, i fish out of Weymouth alot and the skippers are always helpful (remember it's their living, they want to see you coming back for more).

Almost all the boats have a crew member who is there to look after all your needs, most boats will also help supply you with bait (just give them prior warning before the trip) and will keep you fuelled on a good supply of Coffee/Tea.

Around the end of March/April is a great time to start as all the Summer species start to move back on the inshore marks, Turbot and Brill on the Shambles Bank, Bream on the mussel beds and the start to the long season of famous Portland Race Bass (were still catching in good numbers which should last upto and beyond Christmas).

If your off earlier in March theres still plenty of sport on the reefs and some really fantastic sport with Pollack, Ling and Cod on the many wrecks.

When i first started i would always watch what others were doing and ask questions, we're a friendly bunch! With fishing your always learning, sharing information and trying to beat personal targets.

And when your back in port try The Sailors Return Pub you can't miss it!

A word of warning! I was a mad keen coarse fisherman for years and fished a fair few matches, after two times out on the water i sold all my kit and have not been near a river since.

The Deepsea is very addictive, enjoy!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts