World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, myself father and brother in law always go up to loch long, fynne or leven. this weekend we have decided to give dumfriesshire a try as its a shame just to limit ourselves to the same areas. i know that if we go up that way again we will get plenty of mackerel and the odd various species.

on this trip i would like to target pollock and after going throught this website i have limited it to port logan or the rocks south of ardmore. i will be phoning in advance to either the ardmore or stranraer tackle shops for some raggies as i hurt my back last week and want to rest it. also when im there i will get some jelly worms and plastic sand eels and hopefully get a few mackerel for bait while fishing down there,so we should have a good variety of bait and lures.

if any of our fellow anglers who fish that area think we would be wasting our time there and could give us better advice or area to try we would be very gratefull. as said before i will be talking to the tackle shops aforementioned and im sure they will give us some help as well.

cheers for reading

1 - 1 of 1 Posts