World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The host from Havnnes is always offering help and advice on here, so I think you'll have plenty of tips and advice from the guy when you get out there.

One thing is be prepared to work very hard for your fish as its not as easy as it looks out there but you will have some good fish and enjoy yourself.

And take some heavy leads with you, as we found that when the wind picked up we couldn't keep up with the drift with 500g.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually Havnnes is a she, Hege is a great help, she knows the area very well and will advise you when you get there or before if you ask.
We had some good fishing around the island last September and Arnoya is not far away if the weathers ok. We had cod, coalfish, pollack, wolffish and halibut fishing in 30-50 metres of water close to the islands.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is it time to throw away Pirks and treble hooks?

View this post, currently on page 3 of this section, some interesting stuff. the 12 people i fished never need more than 300grams, but we picked our spots to avoid heavy leads, and pirks.
have a great time:bounce:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Is it time to throw away Pirks and treble hooks?

View this post, currently on page 3 of this section, some interesting stuff. the 12 people i fished never need more than 300grams, but we picked our spots to avoid heavy leads, and pirks.
have a great time:bounce:
In open water you might be Ok with lighter Pirks but I would think most of they're fishing will be well inside the Fjord where there tends to be more tide combine this with a bit of wind and it does take some weight to keep in contact with the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts