World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

A stroke of luck, got a work gig on the island next week which means I have next Friday spare to do a bit of fishing. I have tried to bag a space on a charter boat with no luck as yet, so looking to try some fishing off the beach or rocks.

Would anyone be able to offer up some tips on where to try, tackle, bait etc.? Not fussed about species.

Alternatively, any skippers on here with a spare place for the Friday?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Where on Yns Mon are you staying?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Try starida with Stan Zalot out of Beaumaris!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Some good boats in Cemaes bay itself, and you have the harbour wall to fish off!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Theres always Amlwch,deep water 1/2 mile out so if weather is iffy you can still get out try Roy Smith on Aquastar or Pat on Kerrykim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some good boats in Cemaes bay itself, and you have the harbour wall to fish off!
Cheers Baldie. TBH I think it might be tough going on Friday judging by the forecast. Might get a chance to throw some lures of the harbour wall on Wednesday though.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Thanks Dave. Gales on Friday, and Springs, so not much likely to move out of harbour.
Worth a phone call bud,the direction of the forecast wind means it's coming off the land,with the high cliffs there it's pretty sheltered.
Try Roy and see what he says , good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts