World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all this is my first time here . can anyone tell me what the short arm is fishing like may pop down there this week . what is the best bait to use:):)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
hi all this is my first time here . can anyone tell me what the short arm is fishing like may pop down there this week . what is the best bait to use:):)
welcome to the site:)
me and welsh kev were down there on sat and theres loads of dogs and small wrasse but not much else.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks sea hawk .not fished for 4 1/2 years bit out of touch used to fish sker beach for many years good bassfrom there in the sixtys and seventys

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
You're not from Ponty are you Dai? :) Welcome to WSF.

Best bait for catching a fish, any fish, down there is mackerel on a flapper rig, plenty of doggies about down there to eat it as well. If you want something a bit more exotic, ragworm under a float from the rocks will get you bass, pollack, wrasse etc. The water was still too coloured up for mackies and garfish when we were there last week, but when it clears up, small sandeel under a float will catch those as well.

Little tip. :secret: shiny little floating beads above the hook when float fishing will outfish your mate. ;)

Float fishing off the rocks, try to maintain a depth that is just above the rocks, you'll lose the odd hooklength but you'll get more bites, also vary the depth often.

Let us know how you get on. :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
come the macky,hit the platform with a live macky under a float or on the bottom(live) and the bass(as steve says) :) will come to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts